Voegelin Research News

  • Frederick Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5 3:48 AM
      Voegelin Research News has been given new life by
      Listmember Maben Poirier. He introduces an essay about Voegelin
      and Schelling by Dr. Jerry Day with the following:

      "Note from the editor:

      "After a long absence, during which therewere many changes in our
      lives, we are back. It is our desire to resume publication of
      VOEGELIN -- RESEARCH NEWS in a manner consistent with the
      standards set in the past. We open with a refereed article by
      Dr. Jerry Day. Dr. Day's article is part of a soon to be
      published work by the University of Missouri Press entitled _Eric
      Voegelin and the Schelling Renaissance: The Schellingian
      Orientation inVoegelin's Later Works, 1952-1985_.

      "Since Professor Geoffrey L. Price is no longer part of the V--RN
      team, I, for the time being, will assumed responsibility for
      producing up-dates to the Voegelin bibliography begun by
      Professor Price.In this respect, I would appreciate hearing from
      anyone who may have a contribution to make to the up-dates."

      The URL is: http://vax2.concordia.ca/~vorenews/V-RNVI1.HTML

      This is indeed good news.

      Fritz Wagner
    • FMasingill@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5 5:34 AM
        In a message dated 5/5/2003 5:49:26 AM Central Daylight Time, fjw@...
        writes:

        > "Since Professor Geoffrey L. Price is no longer part of the V--RN
        > team, I, for the time being, will assumed responsibility for
        > producing up-dates to the Voegelin bibliography begun by
        > Professor Price.In this respect, I would appreciate hearing from
        > anyone who may have a contribution to make to the up-dates."
        >
        > The URL is: http://vax2.concordia.ca/~vorenews/V-RNVI1.HTML
        >

        > This is indeed good news.

        It is, indeed, good news, for many reasons, not the least of which is
        that the format yields the quickest printing for my old Hewlett Packard.
        I've prayed for this!!!

        Frank

      • v.Sivers-SATTLER@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9 5:55 AM
          Why is geoffrey no longer a part of the EV-forum ?
          Martin Sattler
          > "Since Professor Geoffrey L. Price is no longer part of the V--RN
          > team, I, for the time being, will assumed responsibility for
          > producing up-dates to the Voegelin bibliography begun by
          > Professor Price.In this respect, I would appreciate hearing from
          > anyone who may have a contribution to make to the up-dates."
          >
          > The URL is: http://vax2.concordia.ca/~vorenews/V-RNVI1.HTML
          >

          > This is indeed good news.

          It is, indeed, good news, for many reasons, not the least of which is
          that the format yields the quickest printing for my old Hewlett Packard.
          I've prayed for this!!!

          Frank

          In consideratione creaturarum non est vana
          et peritura curiositas exercenda; sed gradus
          ad immortalia et semper manentia faciendus.
          -St Augustine De vera religione

        • v.Sivers-SATTLER@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9 5:57 AM
            "Antike Philosophie III" started in Heidelberg with a talk "Eric Voegelin's
            Plato" by Martin Sattler. See also www.iisf.it

            Message 5 of 6 , May 9 6:45 AM
              Maben Poirier's announcement was that Geoffrey Price is no longer
              a part of the Voegelin Research News.

              As for the evforum, Professor Price joined and quit within the
              month of its founding in October of 2000, because of the
              distraction of receiving too many eMails.

              I also seem to recall that after Professor Price had guided his
              massive Voegelin bibliography through publication, he felt he had
              exhausted himself in Voegelin studies and needed a change, all of
              which was compounded by serious illness which required surgery
              and recuperation.

              Fritz Wagner

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
                The site index page contains only the word "files." It is not your
                computer. Maben Poirier is having it fixed.

                Fritz Wagner