Eurovision Song Contest Club

  • bastijanbaltazarbuks
    Message 1 of 145 , Feb 11, 1999
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Eurovision Song Contest Club community.
    • the_mole_007
      Message 145 of 145 , May 27, 2002
        --- In eurovisionsongcontestclub@y..., the_mole_007 wrote:
        > I'm afraid that I have to disagree here, I
        > thought the Estonian song was great (although I did like
        > the French one as well).<br><br>Even when the jury
        > system was in place they were always voting for their
        > friends (such as Scandinavian countries all voting for
        > each other and Greece NOT giving points to Turkey and
        > Vice Versa).<br><br>But over all I'm glad the British
        > or Russian entries didn't win, they were the worst
        > entries I've ever heard!

        When I posted this message last year I got a lot of flak from someone
        who denied that this sort of voting took place.

        This year the Greek and Cypriot songs were both very weak indeed and
        they both awarded each other 12 points. They gave no points to
        Turkey and Turkey gave no points to them. A lot of the Baltic
        countries gave each other the lions share of the points which I
        thought was a great shame because although I liked the winning song,
        I thought that the Maltese song was the best one this year.

        Once again the British entry was awful!