Re: Free immigration

  • Harry_the_Sceptic
    Message 1 of 189 , Feb 22 12:11 AM
      We experienced the clash between Islamic
      fundamentalism and British concepts of liberty when the Rushdie
      affair began in 1989. After the poblication of "The
      Satanic Verses", the Ayatalloh Khomeini sentenced Rushdie
      to death and proclaimed a fatwa against him. Tens of
      millions of Islamic fundamentalists worldwide demonstrated
      against Rushdie and threatened to murder him in
      accordance with the fatwa. In Britain, hundreds of thousands
      marched to demand his death.<br><br>Now let's assume that
      you ablish immigration control in the UK, and that
      200 million Muslim fundamentalists enter the UK,
      making them the overwhelming majority in this country.
      Of course they have the vote and the full right to
      politcal participation in the British political system.
      They vote to establish the most rigid Muslim
      fundamentalist state in the world, stricter than Saudi Arabia,
      Afghanistan, etc.<br><br>One wonders how libertarians would
      fare under such a regime.
    • gilsonde
      Message 189 of 189 , Feb 4 11:53 PM