RE: [etrex] Click Stick

  • HJ van Toorn
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 7, 2003
      I think its the latest version (2.34).

      -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
      Van: Peter Wilkins [mailto:wilkinsp@...]
      Verzonden: dinsdag 7 januari 2003 22:41
      Aan: etrex@yahoogroups.com
      Onderwerp: Re: [etrex] Click Stick

      On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:38:29 +1100, Peter Wilkins
      <wilkinsp@...> wrote:

      >On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:01:43 -0000, "Rudolf Hess"
      ><rudolf.hess@...> wrote:
      >
      >>My problems started when I moved up to the latest firmware (V2.50)
      >>Are those people that say they have no problems running the latest
      >>version ?
      >>
      >Well I'm only using 2.34 on my Venture - didn't know there was an
      >upgrade to that. I will check and get back.

      Well I checked and there isn't. Are you sure you have a Venture?
      --
      Regards,
      Peter Wilkins

      http://www.egroups.com/group/etrex

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • ngangold <cache.collectors@earthlink.net>
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 7, 2003
        Software version 2.50 is the latest version for the Vista which also
        has a click stick.

        Nigel Angold

        > On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:38:29 +1100, Peter Wilkins
        > <wilkinsp@o...> wrote:
        >
        > >On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:01:43 -0000, "Rudolf Hess"
        > ><rudolf.hess@v...> wrote:
        > >
        > >>My problems started when I moved up to the latest firmware (V2.50)
        > >>Are those people that say they have no problems running the latest
        > >>version ?
        > >>
        > >Well I'm only using 2.34 on my Venture - didn't know there was an
        > >upgrade to that. I will check and get back.
        >
        > Well I checked and there isn't. Are you sure you have a Venture?
        > --
        > Regards,
        > Peter Wilkins
      • Terry Schneider
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 7, 2003
          Here's a handy place to look for any Garmin software/firmware update:
          http://www.garmin.com/support/download.html
          Best,
          TerryS

          -----------------------

          I think its the latest version (2.34).

          -----------------

          <wilkinsp@...> wrote:

          >On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:01:43 -0000, "Rudolf Hess"
          ><rudolf.hess@...> wrote:
          >
          >>My problems started when I moved up to the latest firmware (V2.50)
          >>Are those people that say they have no problems running the latest
          >>version ?
          >>
          >Well I'm only using 2.34 on my Venture - didn't know there was an
          >upgrade to that. I will check and get back.

          Well I checked and there isn't. Are you sure you have a Venture?
          --
          Regards,
          Peter Wilkins

        • Rudolf Hess
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 8, 2003
            Sorry I have a Legend, but its interesting that someone else mentioned
            that thay had a problem after upgrading !
            I will phone Garmin today and let you know !

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 8, 2003
              Since the click stick is just like five buttons in one, it's not
              likely to be dependent on your firmware revision. However, the design
              seems rather delicate, and does cause trouble now and then. This
              seems to be more related to age or bad luck than whichever firmware
              you are using.
              The fact that you upgraded also means that the unit is older than it
              was before, of course.

              There is a test screen where all buttons can be checked. Hold the
              click stick pressed (assuming that works!) while turning the unit on.
              Then you can see a little symbol at the bottom of the screen, where
              parts will go black as soon as the corresponding key press has been
              detected.

              Don't use this function where you have satellite reception
              (outdoors), since it's said to set the calibration of the unit wrong,
              if you don't get the particular satellite signals as Garmin produces
              in their testing facilities. The calibration will repair itself again
              when you keep on using the unit in the ordinary manner, but
              performance may be more or less degrades until the tables are
              properly regenerated.

              Anders
            • Pramod Pal Singh
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 8, 2003
                hes right
                i cant seem to find version 2.5 for venture either

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Anders Persson <anders.persson@stralfors
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 8, 2003
                  --- In etrex@yahoogroups.com, Pramod Pal Singh <mailtopps@y...> wrote:
                  > He's right.
                  > I can't seem to find version 2.50 for the Venture either.

                  All eTrex units have their own firmware. Normally the version numbers
                  aren't synchronized, although right now both the Legend and the Vista
                  happens to be at 2.50, at the same time.

                  Suddenly there is a new version for the Vista again, and the numbers
                  will differ once again.

                  Anders