resetting

  • seepage44
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2002
      When I turn on my eTrex and reset everthing, Is there some way to
      stop it from starting out? Lets say that I want to start and I go
      to "ready to navigate" I then "reset Max speed and "reset trip". Is
      there some way to turn off the navigation? It starts navigating and
      I may want to wait while I do something else. So then I have to
      again reset both. Kind of a mess. Any Ideas?
      I wish I could turn it off without really turning it off.

      seepage44
    • Anders Persson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2002
        --- In etrex@y..., "seepage44" <seepage44@y...> wrote:
        > When I turn on my eTrex and reset everthing, Is there some way to
        > stop it from starting out? Lets say that I want to start and I go
        > to "ready to navigate" I then "reset Max speed and "reset trip".
        Is
        > there some way to turn off the navigation? It starts navigating
        and
        > I may want to wait while I do something else. So then I have to
        > again reset both. Kind of a mess. Any Ideas?
        > I wish I could turn it off without really turning it off.

        The most obvious remedy must be to wait with the reset operation
        until you really want to do it.

        Otherwise, at least on my eTrex (a Vista), setting the unit to "Use
        with GPS off" cancels all updating of the trip computer.

        Anders
      • Glenn
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2002
          Hi

          On my eTrex Vista, the map page has a setting called
          "stop navigation." I don't know which eTrex you have,
          but this might work for you.

          Glenn

          --- seepage44 <seepage44@...> wrote:
          > When I turn on my eTrex and reset everthing, Is
          > there some way to
          > stop it from starting out? Lets say that I want to
          > start and I go
          > to "ready to navigate" I then "reset Max speed and
          > "reset trip". Is
          > there some way to turn off the navigation? It
          > starts navigating and
          > I may want to wait while I do something else. So
          > then I have to
          > again reset both. Kind of a mess. Any Ideas?
          > I wish I could turn it off without really turning it
          > off.
          >
          > seepage44

          http://faith.yahoo.com
        • Anders Persson
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2002
            --- In etrex@y..., Glenn <gleels@y...> wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > On my eTrex Vista, the map page has a setting called
            > "stop navigation." I don't know which eTrex you have,
            > but this might work for you.
            >
            > Glenn

            "Stop navigation" means that the GPS doesn't any longer give you
            directions to any particular destination. It still updates the
            distance you travel, your top speed and so on.

            Anders