ESL eZine

  • ihewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hi, a few new links this month, we hope you find them useful.

      Cheers Ian

      =======WORD UP ESL Board Game========

      **What others are saying about Word Up....

      I purchased a copy of Word Up recently, and it has been nothing
      but a great success.
      --Michael (Korea)

      "Students rarely disappoint teachers who
      assure them in advance that they are
      doomed to failure."
      -- Sidney Hook

      "Teachers can change lives with just the right
      mix of chalk and challenges."
      --Joyce A. Myers

      "A teacher is the candle that lights others in
      consuming itself."
      --Giovanni Ruffini

      "Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more."
      -- Robert Talbert

      "Education came to be one of the great preoccupations,
      enlightenment was viewed as the greatest single opportunity
      to escape . . . . Parents made untold sacrifice to secure
      learning for their children that they had been denied."
      --John Hope Franklin (1915-) US educator, historian
      "From Slavery to Freedom," 1947.

      =====Lesson Idea!===========

      http://www.selfaccess.com Self Access has a library full of
      exercises, each having at least 6 activities. Your students can
      use SelfAccess lessons to improve their reading, writing and
      listening skills.

      Activities and Games at Dave's ESL Cafe, excellent!!

      ===== New Sites=============

      IQ Tests : Choose your language!!

      TESL country-specific guide for 50 of the most popular teaching
      destinations (pay rates, taxes, visas, etc), as well as heaps of
      other free stuff.

      "My students LOVE this CD they can not get enough"
      Jason M (Japan)
      Check out http://www.DepressionBusterCD.com/

      EconomyTravel.com Travel Quick Search
      The best travel deals on the Net!!

      "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
      --William G. McAdoo

      "Ignorance once dispelled is difficult to reestablish."
      -- Laurence J. Peter

      "I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't
      learn something from him."
      -- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

      My dear child, you must believe in God despite what the clergy
      tells you.
      --Benjamin Jowett

      "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on
      the shore like an idiot."
      --Steven Wright (1955-) US comedian

      Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
      --Mae West

      ==============NEW ESL BOARD GAME=========

      'Word Up' is a quiz-style board game specifically designed for
      learners of English as a second or foreign language!

      Teaching English with Edutainment

      Pocket Talking Dictionaries and Translators
      Select Translation Software and get your Electronic Pocket
      Dictionary as a gift!
      Click here!

      FREE calling cards at .....

      EslGames.com Famous Quotes!

      The most terrible thing in life is to have no one know who you

      "Whenever you see a successful business,
      someone once made a courageous decision."
      -- Peter Drucker

      Confession without repentance is just bragging.
      --Rev. Eugene Bolton
      TestDEN offers online TOEFL test and TOEIC test preparation.
      Receive instant practice for the computer-based TOEFL test.
      Or, let TestDEN create a personalized TOEFL study program for

      "The ability to think straight, some knowledge of the past,
      some vision of the future, some skill to do useful service,
      some urge to fit that service into the well-being of the
      community - these are the most vital things education must try to
      -- Virginia Gildersleeve

      Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would
      it to keep in touch.
      --Robert Orben

      "Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies
      of correct understanding."
      -- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

      "It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy.
      The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted."
      -- Mary O'Connor

      ==== NEW!!===========

      I live in Japan, and you would be surprised
      how many merchants don't ship outside the USA.
      With these guys it was as smooth as silk, I love them....
      Lands' End

      ====Free Family History Search!====
      What is your family history??

      "Live out of your imagination, not your history."
      -- Stephen Covey

      "Great deeds are usually wrought at great risks."

      It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right.

      ======Weather and Time Online========
      If you travel, this is the WEATHER link for you!
      Also look up the TIME in any place on the planet!

      Send an email smile, click here!

      View Edutainment Archive
      ** Feel free to pass this newsletter around ; )

      Great tools at ..