ESL eZine

  • ihewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 1:56 AM
      Hi, a few new links this month, we hope you find them useful.

      Cheers Ian

      =======WORD UP ESL Board Game========

      **What others are saying about Word Up....

      I purchased a copy of Word Up recently, and it has been nothing
      but a great success.
      --Michael (Korea)
      http://www.EslGames.com/wordup/

      =========QUOTES===============

      "Students rarely disappoint teachers who
      assure them in advance that they are
      doomed to failure."
      -- Sidney Hook

      "Teachers can change lives with just the right
      mix of chalk and challenges."
      --Joyce A. Myers

      "A teacher is the candle that lights others in
      consuming itself."
      --Giovanni Ruffini

      "Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more."
      -- Robert Talbert

      "Education came to be one of the great preoccupations,
      enlightenment was viewed as the greatest single opportunity
      to escape . . . . Parents made untold sacrifice to secure
      learning for their children that they had been denied."
      --John Hope Franklin (1915-) US educator, historian
      "From Slavery to Freedom," 1947.

      =====Lesson Idea!===========

      http://www.selfaccess.com Self Access has a library full of
      exercises, each having at least 6 activities. Your students can
      use SelfAccess lessons to improve their reading, writing and
      listening skills.

      Activities and Games at Dave's ESL Cafe, excellent!!
      http://www.eslcafe.com/discussion/dp/

      ===== New Sites=============

      IQ Tests : Choose your language!!
      http://home.hetnet.nl/~rijk42/iqtestlinks.html

      TESL country-specific guide for 50 of the most popular teaching
      destinations (pay rates, taxes, visas, etc), as well as heaps of
      other free stuff.
      http://www.englishjobmaze.com/

      "My students LOVE this CD they can not get enough"
      Jason M (Japan)
      Check out http://www.DepressionBusterCD.com/

      EconomyTravel.com Travel Quick Search
      The best travel deals on the Net!!
      http://www.economy-travel.com/

      ==============================

      "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
      --William G. McAdoo

      "Ignorance once dispelled is difficult to reestablish."
      -- Laurence J. Peter

      "I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't
      learn something from him."
      -- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

      My dear child, you must believe in God despite what the clergy
      tells you.
      --Benjamin Jowett

      "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on
      the shore like an idiot."
      --Steven Wright (1955-) US comedian

      Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
      --Mae West

      ==============NEW ESL BOARD GAME=========

      'Word Up' is a quiz-style board game specifically designed for
      learners of English as a second or foreign language!
      http://www.eslgames.com/wordup/

      Teaching English with Edutainment
      http://www.eslgames.com/edutainment/

      Pocket Talking Dictionaries and Translators
      Select Translation Software and get your Electronic Pocket
      Dictionary as a gift!
      Click here!
      http://webtickers.com/electronictranslators.htm

      FREE calling cards at .....
      http://www.sprimt.com/

      =========================
      EslGames.com Famous Quotes!
      =========================

      The most terrible thing in life is to have no one know who you
      are.
      --Unknown

      "Whenever you see a successful business,
      someone once made a courageous decision."
      -- Peter Drucker

      Confession without repentance is just bragging.
      --Rev. Eugene Bolton
      ============================
      TestDen.com!
      ============================
      TestDEN offers online TOEFL test and TOEIC test preparation.
      Receive instant practice for the computer-based TOEFL test.
      Or, let TestDEN create a personalized TOEFL study program for
      you
      http://www.testden.com/scripts/partners/refer.asp?id=170

      ============================

      "The ability to think straight, some knowledge of the past,
      some vision of the future, some skill to do useful service,
      some urge to fit that service into the well-being of the
      community - these are the most vital things education must try to
      produce."
      -- Virginia Gildersleeve

      Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would
      like
      it to keep in touch.
      --Robert Orben

      "Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies
      of correct understanding."
      -- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

      "It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy.
      The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted."
      -- Mary O'Connor

      ==== NEW!!===========

      I live in Japan, and you would be surprised
      how many merchants don't ship outside the USA.
      With these guys it was as smooth as silk, I love them....
      Lands' End
      http://www.webtickers.com/landsend/

      ===================================

      ====Free Family History Search!====
      http://www.ancestrycom.com/
      What is your family history??
      ============================

      "Live out of your imagination, not your history."
      -- Stephen Covey

      "Great deeds are usually wrought at great risks."
      --Herodotus

      It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right.
      --Moliere

      ======Weather and Time Online========
      If you travel, this is the WEATHER link for you!
      http://www.universityoflife.com/weather.htm
      Also look up the TIME in any place on the planet!

      Send an email smile, click here!
      http://www.universityoflife.com/smiley.htm

      View Edutainment Archive
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eslgames
      ** Feel free to pass this newsletter around ; )

      Great tools at ..
      http://www.eslgames.com