Re: Meanwhile aboard The Renfrew...

  • Starbirth
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
      Starbirth deftly guided The Renfrew between the asteroids, thanks to
      her mental link to the ship's guidance system. A small asteroid
      rocked the vessel ocne again, but the shield took most of the
      damage. "the repairs will be minor/minimal" she thought to herself,
      shifting her counciousness to the sensor systems. she quickly
      realized the Kreen ship which had been pursuing her was already
      decimated in a collision. Luck, it seemed, was on her side...for now.

      --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Starbirth"
      <joinfutureworlds@...> wrote:

      > Starbirth switched the multiband radar to active in order to avoid a
      > collision with any stray asteroids. The Aleerin had decided that she
      > would forego any stop at Abal Relay Station, knowing that there
      would
      > be only robots on duty there anyway. She began to enter the
      > coordinates to change course and head for the Nova Belt when The
      > Renfrew's multiband radar pinged another vessel rapidly approaching.
      > Her cyberconscious link to the ship's sensors instantly told her
      that
      > it was one of Bri'aitsya's Kreen Hunter Killers- and its weapon
      > systems were energized!
      >
      > Before she could activate The Renfrew's ablative shield, a blast
      from
      > the Kreen's deadly plasma cannon rocked the ship. Thankful that The
      > Renfrew took no system damage, she flicked on the shield and pulled
      an
      > evasive maneuver. Starbirth hoped the shield would hold long enough
      > for her to make it to The Nova Belt. The Kreen wouldn't stand a
      chance
      > among the asteroidsÂ…

    • Starbirth
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2008
        Starbirth decided to forego any stop at Abal Relay Station. Thinking
        to herself:"every second I am delayed =infinite number of chances that
        Vector Fields would detect The Renfrew/me.
        So instead she continued on a course through the Nova Asteroid Belt
        directly toward Kixil Station. She must get The Renfrew close enough to
        connect to Kixil's datacore via the ship's comm without getting
        decimated by The Station's devastating array of gatling masers. "there
        is no room for error", she thought...