Meanwhile aboard The Renfrew...

  • Starbirth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Starbirth switched the multiband radar to active in order to avoid a
      collision with any stray asteroids. The Aleerin had decided that she
      would forego any stop at Abal Relay Station, knowing that there would
      be only robots on duty there anyway. She began to enter the
      coordinates to change course and head for the Nova Belt when The
      Renfrew's multiband radar pinged another vessel rapidly approaching.
      Her cyberconscious link to the ship's sensors instantly told her that
      it was one of Bri'aitsya's Kreen Hunter Killers- and its weapon
      systems were energized!

      Before she could activate The Renfrew's ablative shield, a blast from
      the Kreen's deadly plasma cannon rocked the ship. Thankful that The
      Renfrew took no system damage, she flicked on the shield and pulled an
      evasive maneuver. Starbirth hoped the shield would hold long enough
      for her to make it to The Nova Belt. The Kreen wouldn't stand a chance
      among the asteroidsÂ…
    • Starbirth
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
        Starbirth deftly guided The Renfrew between the asteroids, thanks to
        her mental link to the ship's guidance system. A small asteroid
        rocked the vessel ocne again, but the shield took most of the
        damage. "the repairs will be minor/minimal" she thought to herself,
        shifting her counciousness to the sensor systems. she quickly
        realized the Kreen ship which had been pursuing her was already
        decimated in a collision. Luck, it seemed, was on her side...for now.

        --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Starbirth"
        <joinfutureworlds@...> wrote:

        > Starbirth switched the multiband radar to active in order to avoid a
        > collision with any stray asteroids. The Aleerin had decided that she
        > would forego any stop at Abal Relay Station, knowing that there
        would
        > be only robots on duty there anyway. She began to enter the
        > coordinates to change course and head for the Nova Belt when The
        > Renfrew's multiband radar pinged another vessel rapidly approaching.
        > Her cyberconscious link to the ship's sensors instantly told her
        that
        > it was one of Bri'aitsya's Kreen Hunter Killers- and its weapon
        > systems were energized!
        >
        > Before she could activate The Renfrew's ablative shield, a blast
        from
        > the Kreen's deadly plasma cannon rocked the ship. Thankful that The
        > Renfrew took no system damage, she flicked on the shield and pulled
        an
        > evasive maneuver. Starbirth hoped the shield would hold long enough
        > for her to make it to The Nova Belt. The Kreen wouldn't stand a
        chance
        > among the asteroidsÂ…

      • Starbirth
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6 1:12 PM
          Starbirth decided to forego any stop at Abal Relay Station. Thinking
          to herself:"every second I am delayed =infinite number of chances that
          Vector Fields would detect The Renfrew/me.
          So instead she continued on a course through the Nova Asteroid Belt
          directly toward Kixil Station. She must get The Renfrew close enough to
          connect to Kixil's datacore via the ship's comm without getting
          decimated by The Station's devastating array of gatling masers. "there
          is no room for error", she thought...