Re: A fight to the death

  • Starbirth
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2006
      Starbirth Sat down in an overstuffed chair and waited.

      After about forty minutes, Nashimura came into the room alone. He
      closed and locked the reinforced door behind him. The two concubines
      quickly rushed past Starbirth. One took Mr. Nashimura's jackjet. The
      other handed him a drink in a highball glass.

      As Nashimura took the drink from her hand, Starbirth reached under
      the cushion of her chair and pulled out the Nova 6 mass pistol she
      had stashed there. A brief but sharp wave of pain washed over her
      body as her accelerator kicked in and hypercharged her refex
      circuitry. She jumped to her feet, simultaneously firing a deadly
      blast into nashimura's midsection. Blood sprayed across the room,
      spattering the white upholstery.

      With a look of shock on his face Nashimura teetered a bit, then
      dropped his drink. The sound of breaking glass combined with the
      screams of Nashimura's "servants" as it shattered on the tile floor.
      Despite his mortal injuries he lept forward and hit Starbirth with a
      glancing blow. She stumbled backwards a few steps and fired again
      with the huge pistol. This time Nashimura dropped to the floor in a
      lifeless lump. Starbirth quickly disposed of the two concubines with
      two quick shots to the head. She left the 3 bodies on the floor, then
      proceeded to take all the vital computer components from the room.
      She also went into Nashimura's room, tore it apart, and took
      everything of value.

      The entire scene took place in a matter of minutes. After all,
      Starbirth was following a plan which she had been perfecting for
      months. By the time the bodies were discovered, Starbirth was already
      onboard The Renfrew preparing to lift off.

      She reached open space and prepared the navigational coordinates for
      Kai System. Little did she know that Kixil Station had been
      completely evacuated of living personnel months ago. And the robots
      who kept the Station running on standby have been overtaken by her
      arch enemy-the AI gridlord known as Vector Fields...

      --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Starbirth"
      <joinfutureworlds@...> wrote:

      > Starbirth waited with infinite patience for Mr. Nashimura to return
      > from his so-called appointment. Although he told her nothing of the
      > nature of his meeting, she knew precisely what he was doing:
      showing