Re: Designation of Responsibilities aboard the LSIII

  • michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      I found another bonus that was missing:
      -Rapid Recovery Launch Tubes have an Accuracy of -1. For that
      reason, whoever has the lowest score may want to take that job.
      Furthermore,
      -Rank3 in Sensors allows Joe to improve the random compartment hit
      location by one point. At Rank4 his sensors checks improve the
      quality of the gunners' attack rolls by 1 step. Thus, Gavin's good
      success on his attack roll now becomes an amazing success. A
      critical failure can't be changed.

      --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Gavin Heltbrenner"

    • michael
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
        So, any other changes or additions???

        Pilot: Commodore Nova
        -3 step bonus for R12 in Piloting, Space Vehicle
        *When attempting certain manuevers other bonuses due to Rank may apply
        Navigation dedicated system gives -3 step bonus to piloting maneuvers
        Associated Systems: Hypermagnetic Engine, Stabilizer

        Sensors: Joseph Freeborn, Android
        Dedicated Sensor control systems give -3 step bonus when using:
        -mass detector
        -ladar
        -multiband radar
        -spectroanalyzer.
        -em detector
        - internal monitors
        *Rank3 in Sensors allows Joe to improve the random compartment hit
        location by one point. At Rank4 his sensors checks improve the
        quality of the weapons operators' attack rolls by 1 step. Thus, any
        good success on an attack roll now becomes an amazing success. A

        --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "michael"
        <churchof1000@y...> wrote:
        > I found another bonus that was missing:
        > -Rapid Recovery Launch Tubes have an Accuracy of -1. For that
        > reason, whoever has the lowest score may want to take that job.
        > Furthermore,
        > >
        > --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Gavin Heltbrenner"
        > <majgheltbrenner@y...> wrote:
        > > OOC: Looks good to me. I don't recall any specific rank bonuses
        for
        > > either Heltbrenner or Joe, but I remember that Joe had rank 5 in
        > > every System Op skill there was, and Heltbrenner had a few on
        > > weapons & defenses. Don't neglect his rank 3 in Tatics-
        > space... ;^)
        > >
        > > --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Commodore Nova"
        > > <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
        > > > After reviewing this list, feedback is appreciated. Also,
        please
        > > > point out any bonuses that I may have missed, such as rank
        > bonus,
        > > etc.

      • Bri-aitsya
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
          OOC: Looks good to me, man. I know previously, Heltbrenner took -
          defenses, but I don't think he has -weapons. That'll be a real
          bummer if that's the case...
          -Bri'

          <churchof1000@y...> wrote:
          > So, any other changes or additions???
          >
          > Pilot: Commodore Nova
          > -3 step bonus for R12 in Piloting, Space Vehicle
          > *When attempting certain manuevers other bonuses due to Rank may
          apply
          > Navigation dedicated system gives -3 step bonus to piloting
          maneuvers
          > Associated Systems: Hypermagnetic Engine, Stabilizer
          >
          > Sensors: Joseph Freeborn, Android
          > Dedicated Sensor control systems give -3 step bonus when using:
          > -mass detector
          > -ladar
          > -multiband radar
          > -spectroanalyzer.
          > -em detector
          > - internal monitors
          > *Rank3 in Sensors allows Joe to improve the random compartment hit
          > location by one point. At Rank4 his sensors checks improve the
          > quality of the weapons operators' attack rolls by 1 step. Thus,
          any
          > good success on an attack roll now becomes an amazing success. A
          > critical failure can't be changed.
          >

          > Comm: Officer Kristen Michaels
          > Dedicated system gives -3 step bonus skill checks with the
          > Foldsender.
          >
          > Weapons: Gavin Antilles, Gunner/Major Heltbrenner/Counselor
          Sturhnak
          > Meehn Abhaal
          > Fire Control dedicated system gives -3 step bonus skill checks
          > with:
          > > > >
          > Defenses: Officer Ygevni Markov
          > Dedicated system gives -3 step bonus skill checks with:
          > Jammer, Deflection Inducer
          >
          > Navigation: Science Officer Ttomolas
          > Spacefolding Drive
          > Transdrive
          >

          > --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "michael"
          > <churchof1000@y...> wrote:
          > > I found another bonus that was missing:
          > > -Rapid Recovery Launch Tubes have an Accuracy of -1. For that
          > > reason, whoever has the lowest score may want to take that job.
          > > Furthermore,
          > > >
          > > --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Gavin Heltbrenner"
          > > <majgheltbrenner@y...> wrote:
          > > > OOC: Looks good to me. I don't recall any specific rank
          bonuses
          > for
          > > > either Heltbrenner or Joe, but I remember that Joe had rank 5
          in
          > > > every System Op skill there was, and Heltbrenner had a few on
          > > > weapons & defenses. Don't neglect his rank 3 in Tatics-
          > > space... ;^)
          > > >
          > > > --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Commodore Nova"
          > please
          > > bonus,
          > > > etc.

        • Commodore Nova
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2005
            ON Major Heltbrenner's Hero Sheet (in files section)he has NO SYSTEM
            OP SKILLS LISTED. That version of his sheet was for level 10, so
            maybe the Major has been updated in the meantime?
            Once you have figured out which job you want Heltbrenner to take and
            what his rank and bonuses are, please to get back to me. We are also
            waiting to hear from Akren about whether Ttomolas will be doing the
            the Navigation. Ttomolas' Hero Sheet shows him with every kind of
            Navigation EXCEPT Superspace Navigation.
            As GM I can't move ahead with the final scene without knowing who's
            doing what. I need that info to determine what The LSIII's scores
            will be. Once we know that, I'll then need Ttomolas, Joe Freeborn,
            Major Heltbrenner, and Gavin Antilles to submit a list of die rolls.
            I'll simply go down the list and use those die rolls to resolve the
            scene.

            I assume that Joe Freeborn could do the --- In
            escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Bri-aitsya" <bri_aitsya@y...>

          • michael
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2005
              GM to Gavin Antilles,
              I still have that list of rolls you gave me for when the Externals
              attacked the Station last time. If you like I can go ahead and use
              that one.

              GM to ALL:
              No hurry on this. I just wanted to bring everyone up to speed as to
              why I haven't been able to wrap things up yet. I don't feel it is
              fair to impose an ending on you all when you could do some die-
              rolling yourselves. So whenever I have colleted all those scores and
              rolls, I'll let everyone know what happens next...
              In the meantime, feel free to role play as time allows.

              <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
> [...]
              > > > *Rank3 in Sensors allows Joe to improve the random compartment
              > hit
              > > > location by one point. At Rank4 his sensors checks improve the
              > > > quality of the weapons operators' attack rolls by 1 step.
              Thus,
              > > any
              > > > good success on an attack roll now becomes an amazing success.
              > > > critical failure can't be changed.
              > > >

              > > > Comm: Officer Kristen Michaels
              > > > Dedicated system gives -3 step bonus skill checks with the
              > > > Foldsender.
              > > >
              > > > Weapons: Gavin Antilles, Gunner/Major Heltbrenner/Counselor
              > > Sturhnak
              > > > Meehn Abhaal
              > > > Fire Control dedicated system gives -3 step bonus skill checks
              > > > with:
              > > > > > >
              > > > Defenses: Officer Ygevni Markov
              > > > Dedicated system gives -3 step bonus skill checks with:

            • Matthew
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 11, 2005
                <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
                > ON Major Heltbrenner's Hero Sheet (in files section)he has NO SYSTEM
                > OP SKILLS LISTED. That version of his sheet was for level 10, so
                > maybe the Major has been updated in the meantime?
                > Once you have figured out which job you want Heltbrenner to take and
                > what his rank and bonuses are, please to get back to me.

                That sheet is indeed an old sheet, from when I first created the guy,
                in fact, and never updated it like I did the old fashioned hard-copy.
                Heltbrenner's got rank 3 in -weapons and rank 1 in -defenses, and if I
                recall correctly, you're putting him on MISSILE duty, which is just
                fine with the Major, thank you, Sir!
                -MRE