Re: Nova strategizes with Ttomolas & Maj. Heltbrenner

  • Akren Garkos
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2005
      "This stragety sounds good in theory" Ttomolas replied, "But might
      prove difficult in pulling off....then again, as we say in the
      Ka'Nak, 'The Great Spirit will Will what may'. May I also suggest
      some possible strategies for getting onto the base?"

      He paused for a moment, & when no-one interrupted him, he contiuned,
      outlying possible strategies for getting onto & planting bombs in,
      the External base :

      "One possible scenrio is, during the ensuing battle with the
      Externals ships, if there are any mobilized, we jettison two escape
      pods, or low-orbit surface capsules, if you have any, & make them hit
      the base, as if they were malfunctioned equipment or pieces of debris
      shot from the ship after a big hit to the LSII, making it look like
      shrap metal from the ship has hit the base, the team to go inside the
      base then gets out & into the base, planting the bombs in secerted
      places & then booking tail before the bombs explode. Another option
      is to allow one of our number - perferribly myself &/or Joseph
      Freeborn - to be captured by the Externals & do it that way. Or, we
      could just obliterate the base by crashing into it using a suicide
      run, or hopefully, down one of the External ships into their own
      base. If I could gain access to one of their ships whilst it was in
      hanagr bay or in very low orbit of their base, i could rig the
      stardrive to explode; taking out the base & anything on. The
      possibility of a chian reaction from theother ships wuld create a
      cascade stardrive explosion which would wipe out everything nearby;
      but it would work as messy option. Considering my knowledge on the
      Externals & their way of thinking, I might be able to pass as an
      undercover operative for the I'Krl; but I doubt that, I have fought
      too many of them in my time to be convincing of that. We COULD use
      the Transtangetal ray weapon Starbirth had me design, but I don't
      even know if she had it installed onto the LSII, as it doesn't come
      up in plans anywhere for the retro-fit that I am aware of. The only
      other options I can think of to suit this is a suicide mission, take
      them out with us, if needs be, to rid this system of the Externals
      here"

      When the others looked at him deftly, as if he had gone as insane as
      Bri, he blinked, his nictating membrane sliding over his eyes
      sideways, his snout flaring, tail lashing as his mind churned.

      "I know you think I have gone crazy, but I am being realistic. Bri
      was kidnapped by their bastards & didn't survive, nor should we
      expect to. I have every intention of living past this incident, but
      if it comes down to, I would give my life up to the Great Spirit to
      stop these butchers. That is the simple true."

      His implant pinged again, & he opened up a channel with his fellow
      operative, wondering why he was getting a replay so soon; although it
      was not welcomed, all things considered.

      "Yes?" He asked, as her imagine appeared in his minds' eye, his
      heart leaping at the sight of her; they had been good friends & mates
      before their re-assignments, & still held feelings for one anotnher,
      something unusal in T'sa society. "What did you find"

      "I found all the info. you wanted, plus there's more. Myself & three
      other operative with me nows are willing to come to your aide, we can
      be there in 1 - 2 standard days from our current location near the
      Kai system in our ship, & we can bring our own weapons along"

      "Details?" Ttomolas asked back via his implant, & getting them. 4
      T'sa Ka'Nak's, all trained similar to him to operative in the Verge,
      all armed tail, teeth & claws with Ch'rak's, ice guns, knives & other
      wepaons similar to what Ttomolas carried with him aboard the LSII; &
      most importantly, their own ship, of a similar class to the Kreen
      Hunter-Killer. And they had just arrived in-system, & were in-bound
      for Kixil Station as they spoke.

      When the others looked at him blankly, the T'sa clearly in his own
      little world, Ttomolas blinked as if comming out of a daze, cleared
      his throat with a might hiss & looked at his commrades.

      "I think we may have another option" Ttomolas replied, giving the
      others the detials he had just got from his fellow operatives &
      adding "They are on their way here as we speak, so I suggest we give
      them clearence for docking once they are verified. The Great Spirit
      knows that a team of 5 Ka'Nak agents might have a better time getting
      in & out alive than anyone else we might care to send; & an
      additional ship would be useful. Other than that, we can stick to the
      original plan the Major suggested"

      Then, looking at the Commodore, he asked :

      "Commodore Nova, you are our commander, this is your station, your
      crew, your ship. What would have us do?"
    • Commodore Nova
      Message 2 of 20 , May 2, 2005
        --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Akren Garkos"
        <akren_garkos@y...> wrote:

        "I think we may have another option" Ttomolas replied, giving the
        others the detials he had just got from his fellow operatives &
        adding "They are on their way here as we speak, so I suggest we give
        them clearence for docking once they are verified. The Great Spirit
        knows that a team of 5 Ka'Nak agents might have a better time getting
        in & out alive than anyone else we might care to send; & an
        additional ship would be useful. Other than that, we can stick to the
        original plan the Major suggested"

        Then, looking at the Commodore, he asked :

        "Commodore Nova, you are our commander, this is your station, your
        crew, your ship. What would have us do?"

        ****COMMODORE NOVA:****
        "Well, like I said before, nobody needs to get INSIDE the external
        base. Those bombs could be set from outside. The trick will be
        setting them and getting out of there without being detected. Perhaps
        your fellow agents could be of some assistance there?
        Our Hunter-Killer has a stealth hull (+2 step penalty to the
        externals sensor checks)which would help to avoid detection. Even so,
        that is still risky.
        What class of ship do your agents have? Does it have any stealth
        capabilities? Don't forget that your agents would need some heavy
        duty e-suits to deal with the conditions on Kirlinao. I'd let them
        use our armored e-suits, but Bri'aitsya's would be the only one that
        would fit another tsa."
        ***GM NOTE***
        G 1 (0.62xg)
        R 2 (20rem/yr)
        A 0 (vacuum)
        P 0 (vacuum)
        H 0 (-170C)

        "Another thing to think about: Do they have the skills and ship
        defenses to safely get through the Nova Belt? If you don't think so,
        I would recommend they go first to Abal Relay Station so we can pick
        them up in the Liquid Sky."
      • Matthew
        Message 3 of 20 , May 4, 2005
          --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Commodore Nova"
          <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
          > ****COMMODORE NOVA:****
          > "Well, like I said before, nobody needs to get INSIDE the external
          > base. Those bombs could be set from outside. The trick will be
          > setting them and getting out of there without being detected.
          Perhaps
          > your fellow agents could be of some assistance there?
          > Our Hunter-Killer has a stealth hull (+2 step penalty to the
          > externals sensor checks)which would help to avoid detection. Even
          so,
          > that is still risky.
          > What class of ship do your agents have? Does it have any stealth
          > capabilities? Don't forget that your agents would need some heavy
          > duty e-suits to deal with the conditions on Kirlinao. I'd let them
          > use our armored e-suits, but Bri'aitsya's would be the only one
          that
          > would fit another tsa."

          FYI- Bri's e-suit was soft, not armored. When your as paranoid as
          Bri' was, you take that natural t'sa armor and layer it with
          subdermal armor, plus phok'tse... ;^) All perfectly legal.

          > ***GM NOTE***
          > G 1 (0.62xg)
          > R 2 (20rem/yr)
          > A 0 (vacuum)
          > P 0 (vacuum)
          > H 0 (-170C)
          >
          > "Another thing to think about: Do they have the skills and ship
          > defenses to safely get through the Nova Belt? If you don't think
          so,
          > I would recommend they go first to Abal Relay Station so we can
          pick
          > them up in the Liquid Sky."

          Wait a sec... where are these K'Nak agents coming from again? I
          thought we addressed the real time communication/ travel already.
          Unless they're comping at the bit at ARS, this strike's going to
          have to wait nearly a week.
        • michael
          Message 4 of 20 , May 5, 2005
            MIG (To Tomolas)

            --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew" <mesch09@n...>
            wrote:
            > Wait a sec... where are these K'Nak agents coming from again? I
            > thought we addressed the real time communication/ travel already.
            > Unless they're comping at the bit at ARS, this strike's going to
            > have to wait nearly a week.

            ***GM Clarification***
            MY ASSUMPTION is that Ttomolas had sent a message (via drivesat)to
            these other agents -wherever they were- days or weeks ago, when the
            external activity was really heating up. He had no idea at that time
            the tragedy that was in store for Kixil (and Kansas Mining), or how
            badly their help would be needed.
            So, while these other agents were en route to Kai system the tragic
            events of the last couple weeks came to pass.
            Now their ship has finally arrived on the edge of the Kai system and
            is now close enough to communicate by mass transceiver. (Appr 1000 AU
            away from Kixil Station.) TTOMOLAS [Akren] has not yet replied back
            with what kind of ship they have, so at this time I(we) have no way
            of knowing exactly how long it will take the agents to arrive at Abal
            Relay Station -or at Kixil if they think they can handle the asteroid
            belt.
            I am quite sure it will take more than a week. Even the LSII takes 6-
            7 days to make the trip from the edge of the system to ARS. Their
            ship certainly is not bigger than the LSII. (Or at least I hope it
            isn't, since it may be too large for ARS's docking accomodations and
            Kixil's Hangar!)

            So yes, it will delay the strike to wait for the K'Nak agents.
          • Commodore Nova
            Message 5 of 20 , May 26, 2005
              Commodore Nova proudly looks on at the fine, albeit re-organized, force
              assembled before him; Science Officer Ttomolas, Major Heltbrenner,
              Chief Engineer Keri McMasterson, Counselor Sturhnak, and others.

              "Ok Team. Officer Ttomolas' friends should be arriving at Abal Relay
              Station within the next several hours. We're going to meet them there,
              so we have to leave in 10 minutes.
              Miss McMasterson, make sure the rest of the Engineering Officers are
              ready to depart in 10."

              "Any questions?"