Re: Bad press

  • Commodore Nova
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 1, 2004
      [Mig staggers into ops and slumps into any empty chair behind the
      consol. He mumbles to himself a bit then sits up straighter.
      Starbirth stomps into the room, nearly steaming.]
    • Starbirth
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 1, 2004
        Starbirth [to all in the ops area]: "this is an outrage! that lying
        vermin!"

        [to Mig, who's obviously buzzed]: "make no mistake/understand i shall
        have my revenge."
      • Commodore Nova
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 1, 2004
          [Mig abruptly jumps up and gets in her face]: "Whoa, whoa, whoa,
          there! Let's talk about this. I don't want you going all crazy and
          making this evens worse."

          [Starbirth takes a step back]

          Mig [to all]: "Good. Now,where were we?"

          [the door to Ops opens and Vinnie the bar 'bot rolls in on his mini
          tank treads. He rolls toward Commodore Nova with another brew in
          hand.]
        • Bri-aitsya
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 1, 2004
            [To Starbirth:] Definately... Williamson's trashtalk has to come with
            a price. What we'll do about it still needs to be determined.

            [To Mig:] Bolted one on, huh? You see that TVN report?

            [comm to Dr. Cordell:] Dr. Cordell, please report to Ops.
          • Bri-aitsya
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 1, 2004
              [To Vinnie:] Yeah, I'll have a brew, also...
              [Aloud] Where's Codrell?
            • Byron Cordel
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 1, 2004
                "Gotcha." Byron responds over the comm then heads to the ops deck having by
                now learned the layout of the station. He arrives looking like he's got
                something on his mind. "Sorry. I was finishing up a medical report. Someone
                hurt?"

                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                  --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, Byron Cordel
                  <byroncordel@n...> wrote:
                  > "Gotcha." Byron responds over the comm then heads to the ops deck
                  having by
                  > now learned the layout of the station. He arrives looking like he's
                  got
                  > something on his mind. "Sorry. I was finishing up a medical report.
                  Someone
                  > hurt?"

                  Yeah, our reputation! Have you read those TVN reports? The Cap'n's
                  been arrested by Concord and now Scott Williamson's badmouthing us to
                  the press... We need ideas of how to handle this situation.
                • Starbirth
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Starbirth: "i suggest+propose that we wipe Ion Production's
                    datacores. that would = significant damage to Ion+improve our
                    position in the local shipbuilding market."
                  • Gavin
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                      <Gavin has been sitting quietly, then clears his throat> Perhaps a
                      more proactive move on our part would be helpful? Perhaps retaining a
                      public realtions firm to help shore up our public image?
                    • Commodore Nova
                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                        Mig: "That sounds like a damn good idea. Why don't you get to work on
                        that Gavin. If you need any help, I'm sure Starbirth here will be
                        more than happy to oblige."
                      • Byron Cordel
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                          Byron meekishly speaks up. "I know I'm the new guy around here...but
                          don't you think something like this is a little overboard? I think its more
                          sensible we go with Gavin's approach." He shrugs his shoulders. "And maybe
                          if we apologized to the families of these people publicly and privately? It
                          hurts to loose someone in a accident like this..."

                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                            --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Commodore Nova"
                            <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
                            > Mig: "That sounds like a damn good idea. Why don't you get to work
                            on
                            > that Gavin. If you need any help, I'm sure Starbirth here will be
                            > more than happy to oblige."

                            "Aye, Commodore. Madam Starbirth, if you could get me a listing of
                            all P.R. firms in the Verge as well as thier reputations, I will
                            contact the one that has the best reputation and begin the process of
                            retaining ther services."
                          • Gavin
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                              <byroncordel@n...> wrote:
                              > Byron meekishly speaks up. "I know I'm the new guy around
                              here...but
                              > don't you think something like this is a little overboard? I think
                              its more
                              > sensible we go with Gavin's approach." He shrugs his
                              shoulders. "And maybe
                              > if we apologized to the families of these people publicly and
                              privately? It
                              > hurts to loose someone in a accident like this..."

                              "Dr. Cordell, I agree. That is a prudent move, and one that, to date,
                              Kixil Station had not yet employed. Since Sturnhak's departure, we do
                              not have a spokesperson to fill that role. Admittedly, when I spoke
                              with TVN, my aim was to publically set the record straight for the
                              Cap'n, in the hopes that in the court of public opinion that he may
                              recieve a fair judgement, and possibly a fair judgement from Concord.
                              This attack posture that Madam Starbirth is advocating is sure to
                              cause more problems than it solves. <pointedly> I'd sooner put my
                              faith in the actions of sentients than in machinery and unreliable
                              technology."
                            • Commodore Nova
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                Mig [finishing another brew]: "I like that idea too. So far the only
                                idea I don't like is the one from Starbitch over there."
                                [upon hearing this, Starbirth jumps to her feet out of her chair.-Bri
                                has never seen her this pissed before!]

                                Starbirth [to Commodore Nova]: "so, you are going to let Williamson
                                slander us like this? you obviously care nothing about the welfare of
                                this station."

                                Mig [getting right up in her face]; "And just what do YOU care about,
                                spark?!"

                                [With that, Starbirth nails Mig hard with a punch to the sternum. The
                                force of the blow is so powerful that it knocks Mig off of his feet.
                                He flies backwards about a meter, slams against a control panel, then
                                drops to the floor. He's back on his feet in a split second, but
                                unsteady.]
                              • Bri-aitsya
                                Message 15 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                  > "Dr. Cordell, I agree. That is a prudent move, and one that, to
                                  date,
                                  > Kixil Station had not yet employed. Since Sturnhak's departure, we
                                  do
                                  > not have a spokesperson to fill that role. Admittedly, when I spoke
                                  > with TVN, my aim was to publically set the record straight for the
                                  > Cap'n, in the hopes that in the court of public opinion that he may
                                  > recieve a fair judgement, and possibly a fair judgement from
                                  Concord.
                                  > This attack posture that Madam Starbirth is advocating is sure to
                                  > cause more problems than it solves. <pointedly> I'd sooner put my
                                  > faith in the actions of sentients than in machinery and unreliable
                                  > technology."

                                  Hmm. I hadn't considered this. We DO need a new spokesperson; I'm
                                  willing to entertain ideas for canidates for this position. As much
                                  as I'd like to kick Williamson in the legumes, I think that taking
                                  the high road would probably serve better in the long run. Gavin, you
                                  and Starbirth look & see what PR firms are out there, and get
                                  proposals from them.
                                • Joseph Freeborn (Loki 09 assassin androi
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                    [With that, Starbirth nails Mig hard with a punch to the sternum. The
                                    force of the blow is so powerful that it knocks Mig off of his feet.
                                    He flies backwards about a meter, slams against a control panel, then
                                    drops to the floor. He's back on his feet in a split second, but
                                    unsteady.]
                                    [Activate security protocol# 213]
                                    [Protocol #213:ACTIVE]
                                    <Loki09 Joe interposes himself between Mig & Starbrith>
                                    "Officer Starbirth. You are evidencing hostile actions. You will
                                    cease and desist immediately. You will comply. Any further hostile
                                    actions will be met with restictive force, and you will be confined.
                                    Repeat: you will comply."
                                    [Awaiting response]
                                  • Bri-aitsya
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                      >Mig [finishing another brew]: "I like that idea too. So far the only
                                      >idea I don't like is the one from Starbitch over there."
                                      >[upon hearing this, Starbirth jumps to her feet out of her chair.-
                                      >Bri has never seen her this pissed before!]

                                      "Ut-oh..." (Secretly and completely edified)

                                      > Starbirth [to Commodore Nova]: "so, you are going to let Williamson
                                      > slander us like this? you obviously care nothing about the welfare
                                      of this station."
                                      > Mig [getting right up in her face]; "And just what do YOU care
                                      about, spark?!"

                                      >[With that, Starbirth nails Mig hard with a punch to the sternum.
                                      The force of the blow is so powerful that it knocks Mig off of his
                                      feet. He flies backwards about a meter, slams against a control
                                      panel, then drops to the floor. He's back on his feet in a split
                                      second, but unsteady.]
                                      (Bri' jumps up to his feet, draws deit'sya)
                                    • Gavin
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                        <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
                                        > [With that, Starbirth nails Mig hard with a punch to the sternum.
                                        The
                                        > force of the blow is so powerful that it knocks Mig off of his
                                        feet.
                                        > He flies backwards about a meter, slams against a control panel,
                                        then
                                        > drops to the floor. He's back on his feet in a split second, but
                                        > unsteady.]

                                        (Immediately jumps up & stands next to the Commodore, prayer ready on
                                        his lips, scowling...)
                                      • Commodore Nova
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                          [Mig steadies himself. Then chuckles a bit.]
                                          "I guess I had that coming."
                                          Ok everybody. Get to work. I'm going back to my quarters. Starbirth,
                                          don't do anything crazy. I'm telling you, he''l know it was us. In
                                          fact, if somebody else hits him now, he's going to assume it IS us.
                                          We just don't need that. Not with Concord breathing down our necks!"

                                          Starbirth [calmer now]: "understood."
                                        • Byron Cordel
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Apr 2, 2004
                                            Byron hurries to Mig's side, trying to see if Mig is hurt. "Are you
                                            alright? Do you feel dizzy?" He starts tapping on a few buttons on his
                                            medical gauntlet setting it to diagnosis mode.

                                            At 12:38 PM 4/2/2004, you wrote:
                                            >[With that, Starbirth nails Mig hard with a punch to the sternum. The
                                            >force of the blow is so powerful that it knocks Mig off of his feet.
                                            >He flies backwards about a meter, slams against a control panel, then
                                            >drops to the floor. He's back on his feet in a split second, but
                                            >unsteady.]
                                          • Commodore Nova
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Apr 5, 2004
                                              "Yeah, Doc. I'm ok." [OOC: Mig has taken some stuns, but he's shaking
                                              it off ok. He'll be fine.]

                                              [to all] "Now, let's get back to business, can we? If anyone needs
                                              me...go see someone else. I'll be in my quarters sleeping this off."
                                              [mumbles a bit, then heads toward the door.]
                                            • Bri-aitsya
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Apr 5, 2004
                                                [Pointedly, to Starbirth:] You'd best calm your mechalized self down,
                                                y'hear? What the hell were you thinking, punching Mig like that? I've
                                                half the mind to confine you to quarters for that little stunt!
                                              • Starbirth
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Apr 5, 2004
                                                  [Mig laughs, then interjects]: "Hell, Bri'. Confining her to her
                                                  quarters? That's wher she stays 90% of the time anyway."

                                                  Starbirth: "i am feeling better/in control. Commodore, i apologize.
                                                  it's just that i would expect to hear such a biggoted/specieist
                                                  comment from Bri'aitsya, not from you."

                                                  Mig: "I am sorry also, I don't know what the hell came over me."

                                                  [Starbirth looks pointedly at the empty beer glasses sitting around
                                                  the room.]: "if you will both excuse me, i shall commence+begin
                                                  searching Tendril's GRID for a public relations firm."
                                                • Joseph Freeborn (Loki 09 assassin androi
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Apr 5, 2004
                                                    --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Starbirth"
                                                    <joinfutureworlds@h...> wrote:
                                                    > [Mig laughs, then interjects]: "Hell, Bri'. Confining her to her
                                                    > quarters? That's wher she stays 90% of the time anyway."
                                                    >
                                                    > Starbirth: "i am feeling better/in control. Commodore, i apologize.
                                                    > it's just that i would expect to hear such a biggoted/specieist
                                                    > comment from Bri'aitsya, not from you."
                                                    >
                                                    > Mig: "I am sorry also, I don't know what the hell came over me."
                                                    [Protocol#213: Deactiveate.]
                                                    <Stands aside from Starbirth>

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Apr 5, 2004
                                                      <joinfutureworlds@h...> wrote:
                                                      > [Mig laughs, then interjects]: "Hell, Bri'. Confining her to her
                                                      > quarters? That's wher she stays 90% of the time anyway."

                                                      Point taken.

                                                      > Starbirth: "i am feeling better/in control. Commodore, i apologize.
                                                      > it's just that i would expect to hear such a biggoted/specieist
                                                      > comment from Bri'aitsya, not from you."

                                                      What? Hey! <bites tounge, as he realizes Starbirth's right... AGAIN>

                                                      > Mig: "I am sorry also, I don't know what the hell came over me."
                                                      >
                                                      > [Starbirth looks pointedly at the empty beer glasses sitting around
                                                      > the room.]: "if you will both excuse me, i shall commence+begin
                                                      > searching Tendril's GRID for a public relations firm."

                                                      Yeah, you do that...

                                                      [To all remaining:] I guess this meeting's adjourned. If anyone needs
                                                      me, there's a robot I need to finish...
                                                    • Bri-aitsya
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Apr 6, 2004
                                                        [To Joseph, after Starbirth leaves:] I want to you monitor Starbirth.
                                                        Report to myself & Mig any unusual activity.

                                                        [To Dr. Cordell:] Thank you for your input, Doctor. I guess we're
                                                        finished here.

                                                        [To Gavin:] You have Ops, Major. Report to Mig & myself once
                                                        Starbirth completes the grid search.
                                                        [Leaves]
                                                      • Joseph Freeborn (Loki 09 assassin androi
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Apr 6, 2004
                                                          --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Bri-aitsya"
                                                          <bri_aitsya@y...> wrote:
                                                          > [To Joseph, after Starbirth leaves:] I want to you monitor
                                                          Starbirth.
                                                          > Report to myself & Mig any unusual activity.
                                                          Compliance.
                                                          [Initiate protocol #514]
                                                          [Protocol #514:ACTIVE]
                                                          <Loki09 unit leaves ops, heads to Starbirth's quarters>
                                                          <A.I. initiates trace program for Starbirth's shadowform, if active>
                                                          (OOC: Monitoring for anomalous readings)
                                                        • Gavin
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Apr 6, 2004
                                                            <bri_aitsya@y...> wrote:
                                                            > [To Gavin:] You have Ops, Major. Report to Mig & myself once
                                                            > Starbirth completes the grid search.

                                                            <haltingly>Yes, Bri'-aitsya...
                                                            <sighs once Bri' is gone>