Re: [escapevelocity2503] Re: Dr. Watts comes into the room

  • Byron Cordel
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      Byron pulls a chair next to Bri's bed. "Well, since I'm the evil troll
      keeping you in my dungeon. I might as well start your interrogation." He
      sits down in the chair and loosens the medical gantlet on his wrist. "What
      exactly happened Bri'? You don't have to be a doctor to know that you got
      pretty messed up."

      At 09:33 PM 2/26/2004, you wrote:
      ><resigned> Very well. Dr. Watts, retrieve my backpack. Be sure Alpha
      >accompanies you to and from my quarters. Alpha is to be posted here
      >as long as I recover. <slides back into bed, eased, but not relaxed>
    • Commodore Nova
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
        [abruptly Commodore Nova walks into the room. He is strapped into a
        medical walker, per Dr. Watts recommendation. -Mig's still a bit
        unsteady]
        [to both heroes] "Yeah. Just what the hell did happen? The last thing
        I remember was a flash of light."
      • Bri-aitsya
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
          [looks a bit reserved, pensive] Dr. Cordell, this is going to take
          some explaination. Mig knows of the intruder, as we have encountered
          him before. His name is Steles Lycenus. He is from a reality much
          different than our own. You aware of string theory, Doctor? String
          Theory predicts that what you & I experience as "reality" and
          the "universe" are actually one of countless "realities"
          and "universes". It is possible to travel to other universes or
          realities. The Liquid Sky and the Area51 both have technology capable
          of doing just that.

          This book, the Electronomicon, is a powerful artifact from another
          reality, or tangent. Among its powers is the ability to travel to
          other tangents. Unfortunately, entities such as Steles somehow can
          sense its presence, and home in on it; which is precisely what he
          did. There was *ahem* some sort of disturbance in the lower levels of
          Kixil Station that required my attention, and that was when Steles
          attacked.

          Steles is a powerful entity, capable of channelling arcane enrgy in
          ways that science does not adequetely explain. these burns, and the
          damage to the cybergear is the result of being struck with a bolt of
          lightning. He is gone now, I was able to banish him, hopefully for
          good. We had thought him dead, as the last time we encountered him,
          he attacked him in his home domain, and bound him with the powers of
          the Tome, and proceeded to flatten his stronghold on top of him. Next
          time, we should use a nuke.
        • Commodore Nova
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
            [OOC Mig's interjection is in ALL CAPS]:
            > [looks a bit reserved, pensive] Dr. Cordell, this is going to take
            > some explaination. Mig knows of the intruder, as we have
            encountered
            > him before. His name is Steles Lycenus.
            Mig:"THAT GUY JUST WON'T FRIGGIN' DIE."
            >He is from a reality much
            > different than our own. You aware of string theory, Doctor? String
            > Theory predicts that what you & I experience as "reality" and
            > the "universe" are actually one of countless "realities"
            > and "universes". It is possible to travel to other universes or
            > realities. The Liquid Sky and the Area51 both have technology
            capable
            > of doing just that.
            Mig: "THAT'S BECAUSE OF THAT TRANSDRIVE THAT STARBIRTH INVENTED... -
            BY THE WAY, IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING, I'M SURE STARBIRTH
            COULD GIVE YOU A LENGTHY LECTURE ABOUT STRING THEORY.

            > This book, the Electronomicon, is a powerful artifact from another
            > reality, or tangent. Among its powers is the ability to travel to
            > other tangents. Unfortunately, entities such as Steles somehow can
            > sense its presence, and home in on it; which is precisely what he
            > did. There was *ahem* some sort of disturbance in the lower levels
            of
            > Kixil Station that required my attention, and that was when Steles
            > attacked.
            >
            > Steles is a powerful entity, capable of channelling arcane enrgy in
            > ways that science does not adequetely explain. these burns, and the
            > damage to the cybergear is the result of being struck with a bolt
            of
            > lightning. He is gone now, I was able to banish him, hopefully for
            > good. We had thought him dead, as the last time we encountered him,
            > he attacked him in his home domain, and bound him with the powers
            of
            > the Tome, and proceeded to flatten his stronghold on top of him.
            Next
            > time, we should use a nuke.
            Mig:"I say next time we give him what he wants and be done with it!
            This thing is like a nightmare that you can't wake up from. It's
            always something with that damn book!
          • Bri-aitsya
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
              --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "Commodore Nova"
              <mig_nova@y...> wrote:
              > Mig:"I say next time we give him what he wants and be done with it!
              > This thing is like a nightmare that you can't wake up from. It's
              > always something with that damn book!"
              {Eyes wide] Surely you aren't suggesting that we just GIVE that
              murderer this potent and powerful artifact! I'd sooner see it
              destroyed than in his hands...
            • Byron Cordel
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                Byrons eyebrows quirk in interest. "No offense to both of you, but are
                you sure these lightning bolts having caused some mental damage?" He
                glances at both of them. "Your telling me you guys travel to alternate
                dimensions and fight magical beings. I know I'm new here and all, but this
                is a bit hard to swallow if you don't mind my saying so."

                At 10:52 AM 3/2/2004, you wrote:
                >[looks a bit reserved, pensive] Dr. Cordell, this is going to take
                >some explaination. Mig knows of the intruder, as we have encountered
                >him before. His name is Steles Lycenus. He is from a reality much
                >different than our own. You aware of string theory, Doctor? String
                >Theory predicts that what you & I experience as "reality" and
                >the "universe" are actually one of countless "realities"
                >and "universes". It is possible to travel to other universes or
                >realities. The Liquid Sky and the Area51 both have technology capable
                >of doing just that.
                >
                >This book, the Electronomicon, is a powerful artifact from another
                >reality, or tangent. Among its powers is the ability to travel to
                >other tangents. Unfortunately, entities such as Steles somehow can
                >sense its presence, and home in on it; which is precisely what he
                >did. There was *ahem* some sort of disturbance in the lower levels of
                >Kixil Station that required my attention, and that was when Steles
                >attacked.
                >
                >Steles is a powerful entity, capable of channelling arcane enrgy in
                >ways that science does not adequetely explain. these burns, and the
                >damage to the cybergear is the result of being struck with a bolt of
                >lightning. He is gone now, I was able to banish him, hopefully for
                >good. We had thought him dead, as the last time we encountered him,
                >he attacked him in his home domain, and bound him with the powers of
                >the Tome, and proceeded to flatten his stronghold on top of him. Next
                >time, we should use a nuke.
              • Bri-aitsya
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                  --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, Byron Cordel
                  <byroncordel@n...> wrote:
                  > Byrons eyebrows quirk in interest. "No offense to both of you,
                  but are
                  > you sure these lightning bolts having caused some mental damage?"
                  He
                  > glances at both of them. "Your telling me you guys travel to
                  alternate
                  > dimensions and fight magical beings. I know I'm new here and all,
                  but this
                  > is a bit hard to swallow if you don't mind my saying so."

                  [sighs] No, Doctor, I'd say not. I would have a hard time of this,
                  also, if I were in your gloves. There is a reason that the sub-
                  basement levels are restricted. One of the powers of this Dread Tome
                  is... well, you'd have to see for yourself. Perhaps another type of
                  demonstration?
                • michael
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
                    [OOC: A disbeliever, eh? Perhaps a DEMON-stration is in order? Mwah,
                    hah, hah ha!]

                    > [sighs] No, Doctor, I'd say not. I would have a hard time of this,
                    > also, if I were in your gloves. There is a reason that the sub-
                    > basement levels are restricted. One of the powers of this Dread
                    Tome
                    > is... well, you'd have to see for yourself. Perhaps another type of
                    > demonstration?
                  • Bri-aitsya
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
                      --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "michael"
                      <churchof1000@h...> wrote:
                      > [OOC: A disbeliever, eh? Perhaps a DEMON-stration is in order?
                      Mwah,
                      > hah, hah ha!]
                      [ooc: Oh, that was SOO bad... <groan>]