Re: Hey Kixil-Kai,

  • Commodore Nova
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1 6:01 AM
      Well, Bri, It's yours to do with as you please. But, Kixil-Kai DID
      offer to take it off your hands. Maybe that's the thing to do. I
      mean, seriously, you never asked for this trouble in the first place.
      I vote we give pass that hot potato back to him. Let him deal with
      it. But my bottom line is that I'll back you up no matter what you
      decide.
    • Bri-aitsya
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1 10:13 AM
        <turning to Kixil Kai> Master, what say you? I know that you had
        shouldered this burden once before. Would you shoulder it again? Do
        you think that destroying the damned Tome is a worthwhile venture?
      • michael
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 2 6:16 AM
          Bri'aitsya,
          I have indeed carried that burden before, and would gladly do so
          again to releive you of it. We cannot know for certain the fate of
          the Tome, should we destroy its corporeal form. But, I DID entrust
          the Electronomicon to you, and it is yours to do as you wish. The
          choice is yours.
        • Bri-aitsya
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 2 6:44 AM
            Master, will you not be affected/ influenced by this evil artifact?
            Even though you are in exile, the power that you have is
            considerable, and the teptation that the Tome has is even more so. I
            fear that in shifting the burden to you, I am merely displacing the
            problem. What of finding a solution? I wonder if it is possible to
            destroy this and then it will be a burden to no one.
          • michael
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 2 10:43 AM
              Think not of my well being, for it was me who saddled you with that
              ponderous load. Now is the time to act in your own best interest -and
              that of your comrades.
              As far as a "solution" goes, we can only guess at the result, should
              you choose to destroy the Electronomicon. My guess is that it will
              return to its native tangent, where it will rematerialize. If this
              would happen, we should expect that it will soon fall into the hands
              of some entity there. And I would expect that this being would
              consider it a source of great power rather than a burden. This is a
              difficult decision, indeed.
            • Bri-aitsya
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 2 1:04 PM
                Master, perhaps there is a means to bind these artifacts to this
                reality, thereby preventing its escape & rematerialization in its
                tangent of origin. Then maybe this plan to fire it into that gas
                streamer, and then engulfed into the black hole may actually work. Do
                you know of magic that can accomplish this? I suspect that the
                binding incantation found within could work this, but I fear ever
                using this again.
              • michael
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 3 6:21 AM
                  It may be possible to bind the book by enchantment, but alas, such
                  spells are far beyond the scope of my abilities as a magic-user. And,
                  of course, the book itself contains no such incantation which could
                  be used against it. Remember, it is a relic with sentience.
                • Bri-aitsya
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 3 6:29 AM
                    Master, is there someone who COULD possibly perform this binding?
                  • michael
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 3 8:16 AM
                      The only one I knew who could have done this would have been the evil
                      wizard, Steles Lynceus...and he would be most unwilling to assist us
                      in any manner.
                    • Bri-aitsya
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 3 10:03 AM
                        Hmm. Though I am reluctant to part with this Tome of such
                        intoxicating and incredible power, I am inclined to follow your
                        suggestion, Master Kixil-Kai. Let me sleep on the matter, and I shall
                        render my decision tomorrow.

                        Provided I actually get any sleep that is.
                      • Bri-aitsya
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 7 8:56 AM
                          I have made my decision: Master Kixil-Kai, I will entrust the
                          Electronomicon, both the tome and this nanocomputer to you. Since you
                          now have the ability to contact us, should you need us, we, or at
                          least I will come to your aid. With your permission, I will retain
                          the Siver Key of Randolf Carter, which will assist me in this
                          endeavor.
                        • michael
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 7 11:44 AM
                            Bri'aitsya,
                            I think you have made a very wise decision.You may keep the Silver
                            Key. I will take the Electromonicon and the nanocomputer and keep
                            them here with me. If the denziens of the abyss who seek the Tome
                            find me here, I will have to find another hiding place for both
                            myself, and these artifacts. But rest assured, they will not leave my
                            side. If your assistance would be needed, I can contact you with
                            Starbirth's ingenius new transponder.
                          • Bri-aitsya
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 8 8:29 AM
                              My apologies, Master, for failing you, and my thanks for your
                              willingness to shoulder the burden of being keeper of the Dread Tome.
                              Rest assured, with the Silver Key, I will be at you side at a
                              moment's notice, should you need my/ our assitance.
                              <bowing deeply, handing Kixil-Kai the backpack with Tome &
                              nanocomputer>
                            • michael
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 8 9:44 AM
                                No need for apologies, Bri'aitsya. If it helps, think of it as
                                sharing the burden.

                                ...<suddenly there is a scraping sound outside the door of Kixil-
                                Kai's shelter>...

                                Did you hear something, Bri?
                              • Bri-aitsya
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 8 11:51 AM
                                  Yeah, sure did... what the hell was that?!
                                • Commodore Nova
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 8 12:13 PM
                                    Of course, YOU heard it Bri... Mr. Cyber-ear himself!
                                  • Bri-aitsya
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 9 10:49 AM
                                      Better living through technology, I always say... Why don't we
                                      investigate that, shall we? <drawing pistol>