Attention Counselor Sturhnak!

  • 010111000
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2, 2003
      Commodore Nova and Officer Bri had remarked that they saw two Klick
      lifeboats heading toward planet Abal. If we can find those lifeboats,
      we would likely be able to obtain several Klick bodies. I would be
      willing to pilot The Area51 for this purpose.
    • Sturhnak Meehn Abhal
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2, 2003
        Excellent idea, Cap'n! In pact, their bodies should be well preserbed
        by the -70C temperature. I will join you.

        Josep- would you be interested in accompanying us?
      • Joseph Freeborn (Loki 09 assassin androi
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 3, 2003
          Interest is irrelevant. Awaiting commands.
        • Commodore Nova
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 4, 2003
            That IS the correct answer, Joe. Good work Bri and Starbirth. I doubt
            we'll see any behavior like the time he decimated Fields' ship way
            back when. By the way Starbirth, have you installed those personality
            modules into the Barbot and the Medibot yet?
          • Bri-aitsya
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 4, 2003
              Hey Sturhnak... Probably the thing to do in regards to Joseph is to
              simply command one of the units to accompany you & the Cap'n to the
              planet's surface. It's pointless to ask a robot is opinion.

              Just some friend-to-friend advice.
            • Sturhnak Meehn Abhal
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 4, 2003
                Being a Counselor I tend to respect the sobereignty ob all sentients.
                But I will most certainly take your adbice under adbisement.
              • Bri-aitsya
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 4, 2003
                  Sentient? Joseph? <rolling on floor, laughing> "He" is just a
                  machine! A very sophisiticated robot, nothing more! I respect your
                  conviction there, Sturnhak, but "Joseph" certainly doesn't count as
                  sentient in my book... <chuckling>

                  Here let me show you. Joseph, come here.
                • Joseph Freeborn (Loki 09 assassin androi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 4, 2003
                    [Cybrid responds] "Compliance."
                    <stands in front of Bri'>
                    "Awaiting further commands."
                  • Bri-aitsya
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 4, 2003
                      <proceeds to open access panel on head>
                      See? Where would sentience be in THAT? <pointing to processor martix>
                    • michael
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                        gm note:

                        AI's ARE considered sentient by definition:

                        sentient
                        (snshnt, -sh-nt)
                        adj.
                        1.Having sense perception; conscious: "The living knew themselves
                        just sentient puppets on God's stage" (T.E. Lawrence).
                        2.Experiencing sensation or feeling.
                      • Bri-aitsya
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                          Duly noted. I'll scratch those last few posts.
                          -Bri'
                          --- In escapevelocity2503@yahoogroups.com, "michael"

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                            thanks, dude. not trying to be a know-it-all. just wanted to point
                            out that sentience can be artificial{;^)
                          • meschman09
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 5, 2003
                              True, true. I had the idea in my head about this being a good RP
                              opportunity and that the debate about robotic sentience would be a
                              good point to make.

                              I could see Bri' having a hard time coming to grips with Joe being
                              sentient, but not A.I.'s in general. He tends to view Joe as a very
                              sophistiocated robot, but not much more than that. The detail that
                              Joe has assumed some A.I. abilities he often overlooks, especially
                              whenever Joe needs maintenence. That was pretty much the angle I was
                              coming from on that (even if it was deep left field).

                              No harm, no foul, brother.