"Armchair Lab" on Philosophical Methodology 28-29 July Cologne (second notice)

  • Emmy Noether Group
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009
      The Emmy Noether Research Group
      Understanding and the A Priori
      at the University of Cologne
      First "Emmy Noether Armchair Lab":

      Workshop on Issues in Philosophical Methodology
      28-29 July, University of Cologne

      Keynote speakers:

      Zoltán Gendler Szabó (Yale), "The Ontological Attitude"
      Tamar Szabó Gendler (Yale), "Philosophical Methodology from an Empirical Point of View"

      Presentations:

      Benjamin Schnieder (Humboldt Uni Berlin), "The Logic of 'Because'"
      Brendan Balcerak Jackson (Cologne), "Are Ontological Debates Merely Verbal Disputes?"
      Magdalena Balcerak Jackson (Cologne), "Thought Experiments and Model-Based Philosophy"
      Christian Nimtz (Erlangen), "Thought Experiments, Counterfactual Thinking, and the Limits of Empiricism"

      The workshop is open to all academics, but advanced registration is required. If you are interested in participating, please contact us by email to register: contact@fromthearmc hair.net

      The deadline for registration is July 10. There will be a registration fee of €15, €10 for PhD students, which includes lunch on Wednesday. Participants will receive instructions for finding our building, signing up for the workshop dinner, etc. upon registration.