CFP: NIP Early Career Conference/ Thought Early Career Special Issue

  • Sweeney, Paula
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
      THE NORTHERN INSTITUTE OF PHILOSOPHY EARLY CAREER CONFERENCE
      University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
      27-29 June 2013

      KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
      Professor Jennifer Saul (Sheffield)
      Professor Brian Weatherson (Michigan)

      CONFERENCE AIMS
      Our ultimate aim is to showcase outstanding research by early career researchers. While there are a number of opportunities for graduate students and more senior philosophers to present and discuss their research, there are relatively few for researchers who have recently finished their PhDs and are building a career in philosophy. This series has been established as a step towards addressing this imbalance.

      THOUGHT: A Journal of Philosophy EARLY CAREER SPECIAL ISSUE
      The papers selected for the conference will be invited for inclusion in a special Early Career issue of the journal, Thought. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)2161-2234
      The editors of the journal may request revisions which must be met to their satisfaction before publication of the paper will be guaranteed.

      CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS
      We invite submissions from researchers who received their PhD within the last 5 years. Papers must fall under the research remit of the Northern Institute of Philosophy: metaphysics, epistemology and the philosophies of logic, language, mathematics and mind.

      GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
      We invite papers suitable for a 40-minute presentation and of no longer than 4000 words. Papers should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 150 words and must be suitable for blind refereeing. Please indicate at the top of the first page of your paper which of the following categories it falls under: Metaphysics, Epistemology, Philosophy of Logic, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Mathematics, Philosophy of Mind. Please include a separate cover sheet including name, title, institution, month and year of PhD award and contact details. The deadline for receipt of submissions is 12th April 2013. We aim to notify authors of the decision regarding their papers by 21st May 2013. Submissions must be in .doc or .pdf format and are to be submitted by e-mail to earlycareerconference@...

      Meals (lunches and one social dinner) and accommodation will be provided for speakers.

      Please direct any questions to the conference organisers on earlycareerconference@...

      Dr Paula Sweeney
      Research and Operations Officer
      Northern Institute of Philosophy
      University of Aberdeen · Old Brewery · High Street · Aberdeen · AB24 3UB

      phone: 01224 272357
      email: p.sweeney@...

      The University of Aberdeen Open Day

      Tuesday 27th August 2013

      8.45am - 3.30pm

      For more information or to book a place, visit

      www.abdn.ac.uk/openday

      Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html.

      Current posts are also available via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhilosL

      Discussions should be moved to chora: enrol via
      http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html.

    • Sweeney, Paula
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
[...]

        We invite papers suitable for a 40-minute presentation and of no longer than 4000 words. Papers should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 150 words and must be suitable for blind refereeing. Please indicate at the top of the first page of your paper which of the following categories it falls under: Metaphysics, Epistemology, Philosophy of Logic, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Mathematics, Philosophy of Mind. Please include a separate cover sheet including name, title, institution, month and year of PhD award and contact details. The deadline for receipt of submissions is 12th April 2013. We aim to notify authors of the decision regarding their papers by 21st May 2013. Submissions must be in .doc or .pdf format and are to be submitted by e-mail to earlycareerconference@...<mailto:earlycareerconference%40gmail.com>

        Meals (lunches and one social dinner) and accommodation will be provided for speakers.

        Please direct any questions to the conference organisers on earlycareerconference@...<mailto:earlycareerconference%40gmail.com>

        email: p.sweeney@...<mailto:p.sweeney%40abdn.ac.uk>