Re: U.S. 25c struck over a brass arcade token...

  • byersnc
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569r.jpg

      reverse scan

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Even though it's for sale in my website, if it never sells that's
      > fine with me. It's one of my favorite all time mint errors!!
      >
      > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569o.jpg
      >

      > Mike Byers
      > http://mikebyers.com

      > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
      Diamond"

      errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "mwallace56"

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
        Just curious: How is it possible to determine the amount of wear when
        so little of the host coin's design is peeking through?

        <adkinstone@a...> wrote:
        > Here's a xerox of a 43P war nickel strike on a worn out 1909 V 5c
        > that I was offered years ago. I never asked the price.
        >

        > http://users.adelphia.net/~adkinstone/war5cV5c.jpg
        >
        > Lindy
      • mwallace56
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
          There's another curious, and dubious, piece pictured in Breen's
          Encyclopedia of US and Colonial Proof Coins. It's a 1970-S Proof
          Quarter overstruck on a 1900 Barber Quarter.