Re: U.S. 25c struck over a brass arcade token...

  • byersnc
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
      Even though it's for sale in my website, if it never sells that's
      fine with me. It's one of my favorite all time mint errors!!

      http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569o.jpg

      Mike Byers
      http://mikebyers.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
        http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569r.jpg

        reverse scan

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Even though it's for sale in my website, if it never sells that's
        > fine with me. It's one of my favorite all time mint errors!!
        >
        > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569o.jpg
        >

        > Mike Byers
        > http://mikebyers.com

        > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
        Diamond"

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
          Just curious: How is it possible to determine the amount of wear when
          so little of the host coin's design is peeking through?

          <adkinstone@a...> wrote:
          > Here's a xerox of a 43P war nickel strike on a worn out 1909 V 5c
          > that I was offered years ago. I never asked the price.
          >

          > http://users.adelphia.net/~adkinstone/war5cV5c.jpg
          >
          > Lindy
        • mwallace56
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
            There's another curious, and dubious, piece pictured in Breen's
            Encyclopedia of US and Colonial Proof Coins. It's a 1970-S Proof
            Quarter overstruck on a 1900 Barber Quarter.