Re: My 1982 off-metal cent story

  • mwallace56
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
      Yep, that's the one. NICE, NICE coin. It's been around 20 years since
      I've seen it. I guess you could say it was love at first site because
      I've always remembered it. ;-)

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
        It even says "THIS IS MY LUCKY DAY". Cute beyond belief.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "mwallace56"
        <mwallace56@e...> wrote:
        > Yep, that's the one. NICE, NICE coin. It's been around 20 years since
        > I've seen it. I guess you could say it was love at first site because
        > I've always remembered it. ;-)
        >
        > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, byersnc
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Mike Wallace- here's a link to the U.S. 25c struck over the brass
        > > arcade token that you mentioned in your post. I bought it several
        > > years ago out of a Bowers and Merena Auction:
        > >
        > > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569o.jpg
      • byersnc
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
          Even though it's for sale in my website, if it never sells that's
          fine with me. It's one of my favorite all time mint errors!!

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
            http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569r.jpg

            reverse scan

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Even though it's for sale in my website, if it never sells that's
            > fine with me. It's one of my favorite all time mint errors!!
            >
            > http://www.byersnc.com/inventory/569o.jpg
            >

            > Mike Byers
            > http://mikebyers.com

            > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
            Diamond"

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
              Just curious: How is it possible to determine the amount of wear when
              so little of the host coin's design is peeking through?

              <adkinstone@a...> wrote:
              > Here's a xerox of a 43P war nickel strike on a worn out 1909 V 5c
              > that I was offered years ago. I never asked the price.
              >

              > http://users.adelphia.net/~adkinstone/war5cV5c.jpg
              >
              > Lindy
            • mwallace56
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
                There's another curious, and dubious, piece pictured in Breen's
                Encyclopedia of US and Colonial Proof Coins. It's a 1970-S Proof
                Quarter overstruck on a 1900 Barber Quarter.