RE: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Preservation and cleaning

  • Rafael Delgado
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
      Did a run after soaking in windex. Not much difference with
      or without soaking. The compacted dirt is probably
      non-porous and so the liquid does not penetrate to do its
      job.
      Rafael

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
        interesting

        --- Rafael Delgado <my_errors@...> wrote:

        > Did a run after soaking in windex. Not much
        > difference with
        > or without soaking. The compacted dirt is probably
        > non-porous and so the liquid does not penetrate to
        > do its
        > job.
        > Rafael
        >
        > --- "bull102797@..." <bull102797@...>

        > tries
        > > > were with
        > > > a good old clothes detergent. But Windex did
        > give a
        > > > slightly better result. right now I am soaking
        > in
        > > > windex
        > > > and zzzizitt away in a couple of hours. Let you
        > > > know.

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Kevin L. Stewart
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2005
          Rafael,

          Detergents like Windex will only work on organic material. If the
          compacted dirt is stone, sand, metal, etc they won't do a thing. If
          the ultrasonics won't vibrate them out you'll probably have to live
          with them as you'll probably do more damage to the coin than the grit.

          Kevin

          http://mail.yahoo.com