What should I do with it Mike?

  • carey conlee
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
      Mike after reading several of your posts,I know your the one to ask.
      That 05 Jefferson proof with the strike thru in it is my first error
      coin I have recieved.I posted a pic here (hope you dont mind) and on
      the other forum.Being its the first time (arent those the best ones)
      I know nothing about error coins.So many questions

      How rare is a strike thru?
      Should I get it graded or leave it alone? If so which grader would you
      recommend?
      Is it worth anything?

      Thanks Mike

      Carey
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
        You'll need to tell me which album you placed it in.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "carey conlee"
        <cccmachine@m...> wrote:
        > Mike after reading several of your posts,I know your the one to ask.
        > That 05 Jefferson proof with the strike thru in it is my first error
        > coin I have recieved.I posted a pic here (hope you dont mind) and on
        > the other forum.Being its the first time (arent those the best ones)
        > I know nothing about error coins.So many questions
        >
        > How rare is a strike thru?
        > Should I get it graded or leave it alone? If so which grader would
        you
        > recommend?
        > Is it worth anything?
        >
        > Thanks Mike
        >
        > Carey
      • carey conlee
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
          The Indents album

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
            Strike through errors this large are not common on proofs. Yet I
            don't see much demand for them. I hestitate to estimate a value, but
            I would think it would be less than $50. Not really worth slabbing,
            in my opinion.

            Naturally, I could be wrong. I'm not a dealer.

            <cccmachine@m...> wrote:
            > The Indents album

            > <mdia1@a...> wrote:
            > > You'll need to tell me which album you placed it in.
            > >
            > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "carey
            > conlee"
            > > <cccmachine@m...> wrote:
            > > > Mike after reading several of your posts,I know your the one
            > ask.
            > > > That 05 Jefferson proof with the strike thru in it is my first
            > error
            > > > coin I have recieved.I posted a pic here (hope you dont mind)
            > and on
            > > > the other forum.Being its the first time (arent those the best
            > ones)
            > > > I know nothing about error coins.So many questions
            > > >
            > > > How rare is a strike thru?
            > > > Should I get it graded or leave it alone? If so which grader
            > would
            > > you
            > > > recommend?
            > > > Is it worth anything?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks Mike
            > > >
            > > > Carey
          • carey conlee
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
              But worth keeping instead of sending it back?

              Again thanks for your time

              <mdia1@a...> wrote:
              > Strike through errors this large are not common on proofs. Yet I
              > don't see much demand for them. I hestitate to estimate a value,
              but
              > I would think it would be less than $50. Not really worth
              slabbing,
              > in my opinion.
              >
              > Naturally, I could be wrong. I'm not a dealer.
              >
              > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "carey
              conlee"
              > <cccmachine@m...> wrote:
              > > The Indents album
              > >

              > > --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Mike
              Diamond"

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
                <cccmachine@m...> wrote:

                > But worth keeping instead of sending it back?

                Most definitely.

                > Again thanks for your time

                You're quite welcome.