Re: 2005 Buffao nickel

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2005
      Looks more like a die gouge than a die crack. Your picture is a little
      too fuzzy to be sure, but it looks like the raised defect is straight
      and is confined to the field. That's typical of die gouges.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Rich Johnson"
      <rdjrich@a...> wrote:
      > Hi. I have seen messages about several die cracks on the new buffalo
      > nickel but haven't seen anything on this one. Have loaded photo at
      the
      > end of photo section --spiked buffalo. Not much but something. Rich
    • Rich Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
        Thanks Mike. Difficult for me to get a sharper picture.
        No doubt you nailed it. Not much of a error then. Rich