Re: how off-center

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2005
      All off-center coins have some value. Dated is better than not dated.
      Fifty percent off-center seems to be the most popular degree of off-
      centeredness. Being just off-center or way off-center reduces value in
      common issues.

      Naturally, there are exceptions to any rule of thumb.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin L. Stewart"
      <Grimaldon@y...> wrote:
      > I've noticed a few dimes a bit off-center and it brought up a
      question.
      > How for off-center does a coin have to be before it's worth holding
      on
      > to? If there is some difference between recent issues and past ones
      > I'd like to hear rules of thumb for each. (I'm looking at US coins.)
      >
      > Kevin
    • Kevin L. Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2005
        What's the difference between horizontal MAD and off-centered? Is it a
        matter of degree or just that off-centers affect both sides?

        Kevin

        http://mail.yahoo.com