Re: blow hole

    Message 1 of 11 , May 4, 2005
      Thanks. I'll just write Eric Von Klinger for a copy. When I get it,
      I'll share the data with the rest of you.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 6, 2005
        It's definitely not an elliptical clip. There are a variety of edge
        textures, but you don't see the "belly line" or "breakaway zone"
        characteristic of blanking shear.

        There's only a little bit of roughness on the edge, so I don't think
        this one originated by the blanking die slicing through a region of
        interlacing cracks and fissures. If that were the case, the entire
        edge would look grainy.

        The origin of this fragment is therefore a complete mystery. I have no
        doubt it's real. There is subtle metal flow in some of the design
        elements bordering the irregular edge. Also, there is no sign of
        mechanical damage and no pressure ridges on either face next to the
        irregular edge.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin"