Large interior die break

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 5:07 AM
      Here's another example of the Maryland quarter with a large,
      freestanding interior die break:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3972876074

      It's the largest I know of on a quarter. I now have two of these in my
      collection. I've seen four. One was recently offered in a Heritage
      auction for the ridiculous starting price of $250!

      With much smaller die chips on California quarters selling for
      substantial amounts of money, I wonder what this would go for if it was
      accurately described and well-photographed?

      If anybody wants to work out a trade, let me know.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22 6:37 AM
        Out of curiosity, I did auction off the coin, this time with a detailed
        description and good photos. The final price was only $13 more than
        what I paid. So this gives me a sense of what such die defects are
        actually worth. Surprisingly little.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3974980982