Re: blow hole

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2005
      Prices are very unpredictable on eBay. Fred Weinberg recently had an
      AU 1981 quarter struck on a 6.4g, solid Cu-Ni Dominican Republic 25
      centavos planchet that nobody bid on. The opening price was a
      comparatively modest $400. I bought it after the auction closed. It'a
      a beautiful coin. It's probably as close as I'll ever come to a
      quarter struck on pure clad stock.

      Then there was the 1971-S cent early counterbrockage that went for a
      relatively cheap $157.

      So it's probably hazardous to generalize that prices are escalating
      steeply or uniformly.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"