Subject: RE: [Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: blow hole

  • Marc
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2005
      Steve, I don't know anything about prices anymore either. I'm holding
      on to everything and realizing that our collections can fund our
      retirements. Prices have only 1 place to go...UP. And, eBay's been
      bare for a while...Marc
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2005
        Prices are very unpredictable on eBay. Fred Weinberg recently had an
        AU 1981 quarter struck on a 6.4g, solid Cu-Ni Dominican Republic 25
        centavos planchet that nobody bid on. The opening price was a
        comparatively modest $400. I bought it after the auction closed. It'a
        a beautiful coin. It's probably as close as I'll ever come to a
        quarter struck on pure clad stock.

        Then there was the 1971-S cent early counterbrockage that went for a
        relatively cheap $157.

        So it's probably hazardous to generalize that prices are escalating
        steeply or uniformly.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Marc"