Beneficiary of bidding war

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      Yesterday, I was the beneficiary of a bidding war for a "blowhole" cent:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3971647087

      I really didn't expect it to go much past $50. This is the first time
      I've been favored by such a fluke event. I don't know why the two top
      bidders were so keen on it, but I'm happy to be the recipient of such
      largesse.

      Make no mistake, blowholes are rare, but rarity is seldom a deciding
      factor in determining price.

      I have noticed that defective planchet errors have been going up in
      price on eBay, but this final price of $416 is a real outlier.