Re: photo

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2005
      The image is not large enough for me to arrive at a definite
      conclusion. But it looks to me like a spot of subsurface corrosion
      that has lifted up the overlying copper plating. The mintmark is an
      area that is prone to such corrosion, because, for whatever reason, the
      plating tends to split or develop microscopic gaps here, and that can
      eventually lead to oxidation and corrosion of the underlying zinc.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Bunch"