Re: Mint mark

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2005
      What's the date?

      It could be a repunched mintmark, but quadruple punches are unknown (at
      least to me) and wouldn't take the form of a die chip.

      It could simply be a die chip that has a coincidental resemblance to an
      RPM.

      Or, if we're dealing with a zinc cent, it could be a "blister" or
      perhaps a spot of subsurface corrosion that's lifted some of the copper
      plating up so as to resemble a die chip.

      A photo would help.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Bunch"