Re: Interesting striking error from India

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005
      A weak second strike (or weak and tilted second strike) on the brockage-
      maker is reinforced by the fact that the strike that created the
      brockage was also relatively weak, as judged by the limited expansion
      seen in a coin that was struck out-of-collar. Under ordinary
      circumstances, a double coin thickness should have resulted in
      increased effective striking pressure and significant expansion.