Re: Two more fake double-struck 1960-D cents

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2005
      The 1960-D and 1963 fake multi-strikes are relatively obvious fakes.
      The blending of "first" and "second-strike" design elements is a dead
      giveway. A genuine double-strike will show sharp but incomplete
      penetration of first-strike design elements through overlapping
      second-strike design elements.

      There are numerous other red flags, such as the equal strength of the
      two "earlier strikes" on the 1960-D cent.