foreign coins

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2005
      Can you help with foreign coins?
      I have a 1982 Mexican Un Peso that on the reverse has what I think is "double die" on the words "ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS" and the snake and Eagle. This really jumps out at you, but I'm going to be cautious with my "errors" since the help with everyone about the 4 fakes everyone pointed out with earlier posted coins of mine.
      If anyone can advise me on this I'll include side by side photos with a normal 1982 Peso.
      I have many coins from alot of other countries that I need to check more closely and really appreciate your help.
      Once again, thank you.
      Tom
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2005
        You probably do have a doubled die. Doubled die varieties are very
        common on Mexican coins from the 1970's and 1980's.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Tom"