Re: change

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 6:17 PM
      It's impossible for me, or anyone, to determine the composition of a
      coin from a photograph. I see no evidence of an overstrike.

      You need to take the following preliminary steps and answer the
      following questions to see if there's something to your suspicion:

      1. Weigh it. A normal clad quarter weighs around 5.67 grams.

      2. Balance it on the tip of a finger and tap it with another
      quarter. Is the ring similar to a normal quarter?

      3. Is the diameter the same as a normal quarter?

      4. Is the reeding well-struck and is the spacing normal?

      5. Is the design clearly struck?

      Once we've got some answers along these lines, we should be able to
      narrow down the possibilities.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, brian duchesne
      <bdrpop1@y...> wrote:
      > I erase the album, and place the photos in def.album.
      > That was the quarter that I think it is made from silver or other
      material. It dont show the copper in the collar like other quarters
      do.It 1983 from Philadelphia.
      > In the legs of the eagle shows a crack, but it also look like it
      was struck over other coin.