New design transfer error

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005
      I just won a coin in a Heritage auction that features a large reverse
      cud and a newly identified design transfer error. The working face
      of the broken die fragment was struck by the obverse die,
      transferring to the obverse die face the "E" of ONE or CENT from the
      reverse. Photos can be found in the Default album (last 3 images).

      The coin in the Default album is a different specimen discovered by a
      friend of mine.

      Naturally, neither the slabber nor the auctioneer recognized the
      presence of the design transfer error.