Re: penny pimples

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      You are describing a case of "blistered plating". The surface of the
      planchet was dirty, and once the plating was desposited, corrosion
      commenced beneath the surface, which raised up the bubbles.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Grimaldon@y...
      wrote:

      > Hey, I just found a 1998 US penny with little raised bumps on the
      > obverse. They remind me of pimples. What could cause this? Is it
      > just lots of little pits due to the die wearing out?
      >
      > Kevin
    • Kevin L. Stewart
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        Weird. I've never seen it before. It is common?

        Kevin

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
          Very common. Especially in the early years.

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin L.