Triple-struck quarter

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2004
      For those of you who've missed it, here is an interesting triple
      struck quarter:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3941357659

      The first strike was normal. The second strike was in-collar with an
      indent over the date. And the third strike was way off-center and
      partly overlapping the second strike.

      You don't see these very often. I had a forlorn hope that it would
      escape notice. Fat chance of that.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3 11:56 AM
        Here's another gorgeous error that sold for much less than I expected:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130841797068

        Beautiful condition and all strikes die-struck on both faces.
      • rjrisi
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3 12:01 PM
          I would of expected $400 to $700 compared to past dramatic double and triple strikes. This one really had no last second snipes??

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Feb 3, 2013, at 2:56 PM, "Mike Diamond" <mdia1@...> wrote:

          Here's another gorgeous error that sold for much less than I expected:

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130841797068

          Beautiful condition and all strikes die-struck on both faces.

        • wgfulton
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4 8:31 AM

            Could this coin have sold low because of the metallic forceps used to display the edge of the coin?  Seemed rather foolish and damaging and broke all my self-imposed coin handling rules.

          • Jon Sullivan
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4 9:32 AM

              Nice multi-strike, and it did sell for less than I'd have expected, but the photos probably didn't help the auction. Also, the fact that the seller has the coin clamped between metal pliers probably didn't help either.

              On Feb 4, 2013, at 11:31 AM, bill@... wrote:

              Could this coin have sold low because of the metallic forceps used to display the edge of the coin?  Seemed rather foolish and damaging and broke all my self-imposed coin handling rules.

            • Michael Evanchik