Re: Odd case of die fatigue

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      I now have the coin and can confirm that this is an example of die
      deterioration doubling. I have never seen a case of DDD in which the
      doubling surrounds a large, centrally located design element. But
      that's exactly what's happening here. The only part of Roosevelt's
      head that's unaffected is the top and back of his head and neck.

      The reverse also shows many signs of severe die fatigue -- die
      cracks, die chips, and prominent radial flow lines.