Triple center strike 97 Lincoln

  • Jason Craton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
      Been a long time since I posted here. Wanted to share my new snag. Let
      the image load completely and you'll see where I highlighted some of
      the letters on the three strikes. The reverse shows all three strikes
      much better then the obverse.
      http://www.error-coins.com/misc/1997.gif
      I have not seen many of these. Actually, I have never seen one. I'm
      trying to come up with a ball park range figure for what it's worth.
      Any opinions?
    • Rafael Delgado
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
        WOW! Beautiful!
        Rafael

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2004
          Very nice, Jason. I would guesstimate its eBay value at $150 -
          $200. Of course, a dealer would ask more than that. Did you
          cherrypick this one?

          I notice that there's a nice, long strike-through on the reverse,
          probably from a strip of zinc shaved off another error cent.

          I've seen a few close triple strikes, but the ones I have were
          purchased before the recent price rise or were cherried. So they
          don't constitute an accurate barometer of current value.

          Finally, it's nice to see you back on the message board. :)

          --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Craton"
          <craton@y...> wrote:
          > Been a long time since I posted here. Wanted to share my new snag.
          Let
          > the image load completely and you'll see where I highlighted some of
          > the letters on the three strikes. The reverse shows all three
          strikes
          > much better then the obverse.
          > http://www.error-coins.com/misc/1997.gif
          > I have not seen many of these. Actually, I have never seen one. I'm
          > trying to come up with a ball park range figure for what it's worth.
          > Any opinions?
        • Jason Craton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2004
            > Very nice, Jason. I would guesstimate its eBay value at $150 -
            > $200. Of course, a dealer would ask more than that. Did you
            > cherrypick this one?

            I sure did cherry this one. It was in a 40 coin lot on ebay that I
            picked up for a little over 2 dollars per coin. ;)

            > I notice that there's a nice, long strike-through on the reverse,
            > probably from a strip of zinc shaved off another error cent.

            At first I thought it was damage but I think you are right about it
            being a strike through. I have seen so many nicer errors that have a
            big screw driver gouge from a worker un-jamming the rolling machines
            that I didn't bother to take a close look at the mark.

            > I've seen a few close triple strikes, but the ones I have were
            > purchased before the recent price rise or were cherried. So they
            > don't constitute an accurate barometer of current value.
            >
            > Finally, it's nice to see you back on the message board. :)

            Thanks. I have been busy with other annoying things lately. When
            things cool down I will be able to enjoy my free time better and can
            pop in more often.
            Thanks Mike,
            Jason