Re: Dual Date Dual Denomination Coins - ANACS Pop report

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
      I guess you could call it a "double strike with different subtypes",
      or "double strike with mismatched subtypes" or something to that
      effect. An awesome error, if real.

      Does the second strike have some of the expected signs of an
      authentic strike, e.g. collar scar, die flow lines, die
      scratches, "slide marks" along the slope leading to the second
      strike, etc.? I would assume there are no obvious signs of fakery,
      like toolmarks, EDM bumps, etc.