Re: Second Dual Date 1998 over 1997 cent $7,500...

  • seanqueue
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      <adkinstone@e...> wrote:

      > I remember back a little over 10 years ago David Thacker was
      > assisting a serious error collector build a complete date set of dual
      > different dated double struck error dimes. For a 15 year run it seemed
      > these dual different date errors were coming out of Philly annually.
      > Back then these dual date double struck dimes retailed at about
      > $1,400ish. They were finding their way into ANACS pop reports back
      > then w/o grades and thats how I "saw" them all. Back before most other
      > highly regarded companies encapsulated the boo boos.
      >
      > Lindy

      I think a bunch of these were sold in the ANA sale last summer in the
      same auction as Bill Fivaz' collection. I'm not sure if they were his
      or another consignor's, but I remember at least a dozen dual-dated
      dual-denomination errors in that auction. I'll try to find the
      catalog tonight and give a report tomorrow.

      Sean Reynolds
      CONECA #N-2090
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        The $7500 example is interesting in that few centered double strikes
        in which the second strike is a broadstrike show as much detail of
        the first strike. There also seems to be quite a bit of strike-
        through action on the left side of the reverse.