[Error Coin Information Exchange] Re: Peculiar struck fragment

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 1:37 PM
      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Renaud"
      <jason@k...> wrote:
      > Couldn't you take a thin piece of copper and press it on a struck
      cent to create this? Imagine a carefully sized scrap of copper put
      into a foam-lined vice. I would think that this would produce the
      same result.

      Actually, you'd have to follow a different procedure. You'd first
      have to make a fake die, and then press a piece of copper into it,
      while the copper rests on a soft, deformable surface.