Looking for 1982 collar cud cent

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2004
      I dug out Fred Weinberg's June 1999 catalog and note this entry:

      "1982 Lincoln Cent. Large collar cud 10:00 - 3:00 and massive die
      failure in field."

      Does anybody have an example of this error or know the whereabouts of
      the coin that Fred sold?

      I rather wish I knew what form this "die failure" actually took.
      Impact scars? Die dent? Die break? Shattered die? Die subsidence?

      There are so many ways a die can fail or receive damage that I'm at a
      loss to visualize exactly what kind of error this was.