Double struck with embedded metal

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2004
      Here's an unusual combo error:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3907126431

      A close double strike with a large piece of silvery metal embedded in
      the reverse. I suspect it is a piece of zinc derived from a multi-
      struck coin or pile-up. I've seen other examples of embedded zinc.
      The coin also shows multiple clash marks that are quite strong.

      I'm surprised it didn't attract more bidders. Then again, signs of
      the double strike are modest and the embedded metal probably does not
      have an exotic origin. If I didn't have other examples of embedded
      scrap, I might have bid more.