Pseudobrockage?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 5:24 AM
      This looks like a pseudobrockage (false brockage):

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3905588458

      Pseudobrockages are a form of post-strike mint damage that develop
      when struck coins get mashed together in mint machinery. The faint,
      incuse design elements are characteristic. I also see a roughened
      texture on the opposite face, which is something I've noticed in
      other pseudobrockages. Warping of the coin is also often seen,
      although the photo fails to establish whether this is present.

      Of course, the effects can be duplicated outside the mint, which is
      why such an identification is tenuous.

      I have a handful of pseudobrockages in my collection. One cent,
      badly warped and pulled straight from a mint bag, has five separate
      incuse impressions scattered over the obverse and the reverse.

      Since "waffled coins" (another form of post-strike mint damage) are
      collectible, I don't see why pseudobrockages and other forms of post-
      strike mint damage shouldn't be as well.