Re: Lost items

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
      In these two instances I'm quite sure everything is on the up and
      up. One coin was sent from a friend as a gift, and the other from an
      honest dealer that I've known for years. It's possible that they
      printed my address wrong on the labels, or the USPS simply dropped it
      into their black hole.

      Over the last six years, I think I've only had four coins disappear
      on their way to me. No coins I've sent have disappeared. That's
      still a pretty good record. I still like the post office, but if
      their insurance is a sham and if other services to it better and
      cheaper, I will consider switching.

      <adkinstone@e...> wrote:
      > Bummer! I actually pressure sellers insure everything, especially
      since I am paying the upcharge.. I tend to think the extra $1.30
      > charge is an official confirmation the item was really sent to me.
      If you paypaled these sellers you could contest the charge, but you
      > need to do this in 30 days. Not 31or 32. In any case you should
      consider filing a complaint with both ebay and paypal. If there is a
      > recorded history of this they will eventually ban the seller. As a
      seller I insure everything, even when I misquote the fees in my ads.
      > Concerning the uninsureability of coins through the post office,
      it would be really nice to know what the real story for 2004 is? Are
      > numismatic items covered or not in 2004? I am sending ALL my
      heavier items throgh Fed Ex ground now. Its shocking how much less
      > FEDEX ground is. Most recent example: 28 pound tripod sent 1/2 way
      across the US and insured for $175, post office fee $67.00, Fed
      > Ex ground fee $18.71. A fraction of the delivery charge and up to
      the minute tracking too.