Off-Metal

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
      I have 2 1952 off-metal cents in the off metal folder one is 2.5g and
      the other is 2.6g.

      Kevin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2004
        These appear to be composed of the standard alloy, so they wouldn't
        be off-metal errors. Diameter is normal, so they wouldn't be wrong
        planchet errors, either.

        The one on the left would most likely be a cent struck on a planchet
        punched out of cent stock that was rolled too thin (a "rolled-thin"
        error). The coin on the right seems to have a very rough surface.
        It might have been immersed in a corrosive liquid (an "acid job"),
        and would therefore not be an error.

        --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin"