Re: Lost items

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
      Well I will say something about that one myself. I have had mail
      being sent to me, check's and coin's that have been lost here in the
      mail also. I am talking to the post master out here and they don't
      help a bit. I'm am mad, VERY MAD at my carrier that don't run until
      10:00pm at night!! Who want's to pay for your mail when all they do
      is lose your mail? I think my mail carrier is pulling off the road
      and going through my mail, as I spoke to the post master at the
      office this week, "nothing they can do"! Who want's to pay UPS or
      FEDEX for shipping at the local auction's? I was also told that the
      collectable coin's cannot be insured in the USPS mail system anymore,
      what is this about? Anyway, I am just venting on the mail issue's,
      sorry but, our USPS mail stink's....

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
        In these two instances I'm quite sure everything is on the up and
        up. One coin was sent from a friend as a gift, and the other from an
        honest dealer that I've known for years. It's possible that they
        printed my address wrong on the labels, or the USPS simply dropped it
        into their black hole.

        Over the last six years, I think I've only had four coins disappear
        on their way to me. No coins I've sent have disappeared. That's
        still a pretty good record. I still like the post office, but if
        their insurance is a sham and if other services to it better and
        cheaper, I will consider switching.

        <adkinstone@e...> wrote:
        > Bummer! I actually pressure sellers insure everything, especially
        since I am paying the upcharge.. I tend to think the extra $1.30
        > charge is an official confirmation the item was really sent to me.
        If you paypaled these sellers you could contest the charge, but you
        > need to do this in 30 days. Not 31or 32. In any case you should
        consider filing a complaint with both ebay and paypal. If there is a
        > recorded history of this they will eventually ban the seller. As a
        seller I insure everything, even when I misquote the fees in my ads.
        > Concerning the uninsureability of coins through the post office,
        it would be really nice to know what the real story for 2004 is? Are
        > numismatic items covered or not in 2004? I am sending ALL my
        heavier items throgh Fed Ex ground now. Its shocking how much less
        > FEDEX ground is. Most recent example: 28 pound tripod sent 1/2 way
        across the US and insured for $175, post office fee $67.00, Fed
        > Ex ground fee $18.71. A fraction of the delivery charge and up to
        the minute tracking too.