Re: Is this a cent?

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2004
      This is a severely damaged cent. The latest theory on how these
      coins are damaged in this fashion is that they fall out in commercial
      dryers and are tumbled endlessly. I have quite a few damaged cents
      just like it in my collection of fake, damaged, and altered coin.

      --- In errorcoininformationexchange@yahoogroups.com, Kela Kitkowski
      <guildmage_01@y...> wrote:
      > Okay, managed to get my scanner to cooperate somewhat. This was
      also from the same workplace that I also found the dollar bill
      earlier. It was in a drawer which I was told to clean out, so I
      grabbed it before it went into the dumpster.

      > The profiles of the coin look like the lincoln cent, but my better
      half thinks it might be a fake, maybe with chemicals? I compared it
      to a normal cent, and it looks abit smaller. Opinions?